Local Co-Op on PC?

GreemNation

I know and understand that there is Co-Op in the game but, it is only Online. Me and my friend want to play on Local Co-Op until he gets his PC later. Is there like any chance that the Fun Pimps can implement it in the game within the game files? Even if it is in a Mod, that can work at least to me. Help please?

..? wat?

There is 'local co-op'. Just connect to him via his local ip address..

Example: 192.168.0.11

Or 10.0.0.5

Whatever his address is, shown in ipconfig.

You of course need to understand a little bit of networking to do this, the game client doesn't hold your hand in this regard.

..? wat?

There is 'local co-op'. Just connect to him via his local ip address..

Example: 192.168.0.11

Or 10.0.0.5

Whatever his address is, shown in ipconfig.

You of course need to understand a little bit of networking to do this, the game client doesn't hold your hand in this regard.

OP said his friend doesn't have a computer yet so I assume he means split-screen.

Well, in that case..

Doubt it'd ever happen. :f

For that, you'd need two 360 Controllers / Steam Controllers to play. And that just doesn't seem like a large enough audience to cater to.

Console provides this already.

Yeah, split screen for PC. I do have 2 360 controllers, that ain't the issue. The thing I want is a way to have split screen horizontal (or vertical) and be able to play with my friend. If there is some way to go into the game files and mod the screen/display file into split screen, and the next thing to figure out is how to make your local server local Co-Op somehow. I don't know if I am wording this right but, I hope all of you understand what I am saying.

The game struggles to run well with just 1 player, I can't even imagine how broken the game would feel like in split-screen mode since it would be 2x the stress on the single core requirements (cuz this game, like every other game, benefits mainly on single core performance).

So ya, never gonna happen.

Archived