[MODLET] Food balance. WIP

Kieron

I made this for myself to try and balance food out a bit and make master chef a little more worthwhile, and thought I'd share it. I hate how easy it is to survive off bacon and eggs alone and some of the higher tier recipes gave less.

So far ive only done up to master chef lvl 2.

Its only cooked food and ive reworked how much some items give for food, water and health. Let me know what you think.

No master chef req-

foodCharredMeat

foodEggBoiled

foodBoiledMeat

foodGrilledMeat

foodBakedPotato

foodCornOnTheCob

Master Chef 1-

foodBaconAndEggs

foodCornBread

drinkJarRedTea

drinkJarGoldenRodTea

foodSteakAndPotato

Master Chef 2-

foodBlueberryPie

foodMeatStew

foodVegetableStew

[ATTACH]25858[/ATTACH]

FoodBalance_v1.zip

After looking at it here is what changes I would make. I would move grilled and boiled meat to T1 and move cornbread to no chef. I would give cornbread 8 stamina instead of 4, boiled eggs 4 stamina, 6 health instead of 5,5, bacon and eggs 20 stamina 5 health. Now I have to figure out how to make these changes. :p

After looking at it here is what changes I would make. I would move grilled and boiled meat to T1 and move cornbread to no chef. I would give cornbread 8 stamina instead of 4, boiled eggs 4 stamina, 6 health instead of 5,5, bacon and eggs 20 stamina 5 health. Now I have to figure out how to make these changes. :p

I agree, wish I knew how to modify it myself. Waiting for your recommendations to be accepted and changed before adding this. Sounds great though, thank you for your work

thnx guys for your input. I've not played much with this yet, only made day 3 but already I'm using my food supply up and a much better rate. My previous games had so much food by day 3 i never had to worry. After today im back at work for a week so i wont be on here.

The vaules i used were based mostly off the raw ingredient. So raw egg for eg gives 5 stam and 2 health but risk of food poisoning. Boiled gives same stam but 5 health and no chance of poisoning. Plus i fugure in a survival situation I'd prolly drink the water too so i gave it some hydration. The later recipes follow this.

I've made another version with a little info on changing this to suit your own style. Its pretty easy.

eg. To change boiled meat to tier 1

edit the mods recipes.xml and chanage the 0 to a 1

<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name=foodBoiledMeat]/@tags">0</set>

then edit the mods progression.xml and add foodBoiledMeat into the tags of lvl 1

To change how much they give you just edit mods items.xml , find your food and change end of the line.

For eg "foodAmount']/@value">5</set>" change 5 to what ever you like.

Probably confused everyone now im hopeless at explaining, lol

[ATTACH]25879[/ATTACH]

FoodBalance_1.1.zip

Hi, there's some typos causing warnings in the console log.

In items.xml:

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodMeatStew']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/triggered_effect[@cvar='water[color="#FF0000"][b]Amount[/b][/color]']/@value">15</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodVegetableStew']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/triggered_effect[@cvar='water[color="#FF0000"][b]Amount[/b][/color]']/@value">15</set>

In recipes.xml:

<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='foodSteakAndPotato']/ingredient[@name='foodRawMeat']/@[color="#FF0000"][b]count[/b][/color]">5</set>

<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='foodBlueberryPie']/ingredient[@name='foodCornMeal']/@[color="#FF0000"][b]count[/b][/color]">5</set>

Archived