A17 Weapon Mods VS Gun Parts - Personal Feedback

senseins

Hi all,

My first thread and post on this forum, so please be kind :)

I loved the grind of gun parts in A16.4, fantastic feeling to get that 500+ upgrade for your favorite weapon, You've been waiting for for days/weeks/months... But once You got it, that was it - same weapon as every other one of its type others had - don't get me wrong, still amazing feeling of getting it!

To the point, there's been a lot of complaints about new weapon system aka mods and removal of gun parts - personally, as in my own humble opinion, mods seem like an absolutely fantastic way to move the weapon implementation forward - imagine this guys... You start with the same looking/working gun as everyone else but then You can truly make it your own personal weapon! I know there's not that many mods out there right now but I see huge huge potential in this system for the future and I'm more than looking forward to see how this shapes up over next few months!!!

Amazing job on this TFP!!! Again, as my personal humble opinion and I can absolutely see that not everyone might agree with my opinion and I appreciate that too.

PS. Moddable armor too... Maybe one day we can all be running with armor that is almost "uniquely" looking depending on chosen mods - that and weapons - awesomeness!!!

Thanks a million TFP I am really enjoying this alpha!!!

Sensei

Hi giKoN,

I did not mean to imply having both is not possible, if You read it that way - my apologies, that was not the intention.

I do know You can have both and played mods that did that and I had a blast :) but in the end amount of mods and what they did was quite limited and ended up with chasing 2-3 mods max as others were simply far too boring or inferior.

I do not want to offend You in any way, I personally wouldn't want the "ultimate weapon/armor" grind to be simply doubled from that perspective - first find/craft all the weapon parts to let say 600 while You're hunting for those few specific mods that You as a player really want that fit your specific playstyle, of course in time as the "library" of mods needs to be greatly expanded - hence my comment about seeing huge potential in the mod system over time.

I'm not saying gun parts are bad or that mods are bad - just saying that I'm really enjoying this feature and potential it has - will the potential be realised the way I would like it? I've no control over it at all and only time will tell :)

Sensei

I, for one, am glad the RNG gun parts are gone. I think this mod system is the way to go. I have bad luck personally, so usually I'd wind up with the chore of spending half an hour shift clicking pistol parts in and out of the work bench (another thing im glad is gone). I like the personalization too, it's a nice touch. Im just glad im not spending so much time micromanaging gun parts now.

My favorite thing about gun parts was that when trader refused to buy any more guns from you, you could disassemble the gun and sell the parts. I prefer mods myself as they have more potential and can be expanded in the future rather easily.

Archived