Questions about weapon and armor mods

Sjustus548

I put 3 points into Yeah, Science! to be able to craft and use mods. Afterwards I noticed that I'm not able to actually craft the mods in the workbench even though I should know the recipe. As a way to fix this I've just been having to get together the ingredients, throw them out on the floor to despawn, and then just give myself the mod from the cheats menu. I figure there is something either wrong with the code or maybe something was just left out but no biggie it is an experimental build after all.

I'm also coming across mods that I can't really tell what they do or what weapon/tool/armor they are supposed to attach to. Such as the Structural Brace. It says that it increases the damage and durability of hammers but I can't equip it on neither the Sledgehammer nor the Claw Hammer. I've tested many different items but nothing is allowing it to be placed on it. Also I crafted the Spiked Knuckles mod as I'm about to attempt the Drunk and Disorderly Challenge but I can't see that it actually increases Unarmed Damage. Instead it only seems to increase Carry Capacity, which is something else that I have no idea what it does lol.

Also I'm finding that I'm unable to mod stuff that I buy from the trader. Seems to be that it's restricted to items I craft myself or most that I find.

Not sure if anyone else is having these issues or if it is possibly something on my side.

Yeah the mod system is kind of wonky. You can find mods or mod schematics. when trying to apply a mod, the gears turn green while still in your inventory for all mods that work in the tool you are currently modding. Note some mods don't work while using other similar mods. Why they can't just be more descriptive, especially with how expensive some of these wre, is beyond me.

Archived