New workstations: Chemlab & Grill

Kubikus

Two gimmicks, because it's neat to have useful things in your base, instead of just decoration that does nothing:

The block chemSet2 is copied and made into a workstation that allows to cook steroids, fort bite and recog. Recipes for the drugs are changed, the chemlab-recipes is unlocked with the perk "Yeah, Science" level 3. There is also a small chance to find a chemlab in a lab equipment crate. If you use it, take a second to appreciate the little flame inside the cup, it's so cute, omg. :-D

To have proper descriptions, replace this line:

perkYeahScienceRank3Desc,progression,Perk,New,"You can craft military fiber, mines and advanced firearm ammunition. Can use tier 3 schematics.",,,,,

with this:

perkYeahScienceRank3Desc,progression,Perk,New,"You can craft military fiber, mines, the chemlab and advanced firearm ammunition. Can use tier 3 schematics.",,,,,

And add these two lines at the bottom of localization.txt:

Chemlab,blocks,Workstation,KgNone,Chemistry Lab,,,,,
ChemlabDesc,blocks,Workstation,EnChanged,"A chemlab allows you took cook drugs: Steroids, Fort Bite and Recog",,,,,

Second is kinda mandatory, a working grill. Not terribly happy with the particle effect, it's from the forge, but... I'd say it's the best besides nothing. All recipes that required vanilla's cooking grill are now transfered to the grill, vanilla's cooking grill is removed.

Add this line at the bottom of localization.txt for a description:

GrillDesc,blocks,Workstation,KgNone,Grill things. Then eat.,,,,,

While you're at it, you might want to replace this:

foodFishTacosDesc,items,Food,New,,,,,,

with this:

foodFishTacosDesc,items,Food,New,Tacos with fish! Delicious...,,,,,

cuz there is no Fish Taco description in vanilla.

Kubikus Chemlab and Grill.zip

• 4 weeks later...

hey Kubikus, thanks for the mods, I wanted to know what I would need to edit in order for me to keep the original grill while at the same time adding your bar b que grill (which btw, you should rename it to =P)

thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Archived