"Dungeon" houses question.

Compound

How do we tell the difference between which houses are considered a dungeon crawl and which are just more beefed up regular houses. IE, I for reference to what I found in the basement of a house I know was a dungeon. When the devs first brought up the dungeon crawl houses, there would obviously be a small, medium and large format. How do we tell? I feel like this loot I found in the bottom of a large home really too easy to qet. Only died once getting down to it the loot...due to not noticing the trap in the room fast enough. lol. But the amount of loot I got...damn. I even easily found the hidden stash. (Which, btw, I love how it was hidden. Great touch.) Now...if this loot pile it proportionate to a small home...are the skyscrapers redesigned as a dungeon like these homes now?

AHsCoA.jpg

it's actually really hard to tell what you're getting in to. Even a simple house can end up in a Darkest Dungeon slog through the attic and down through the basement.

Generally, if it's small and you don't see 'parkour entrances' or 'parkour pathways' from the outside the building, it's might not be a dungeon.

it's actually really hard to tell what you're getting in to. Even a simple house can end up in a Darkest Dungeon slog through the attic and down through the basement.

Generally, if it's small and you don't see 'parkour entrances' or 'parkour pathways' from the outside the building, it's might not be a dungeon.

I have been down a few of those houses. Those were the ones I referred to as "beefed up houses". The ones with parkour are the best I have found so far. They really have unique traits to them.

Now the picture I posted, was from a house that you had to find the entrance, fight your way in. How the house was laid out and then finding an exploder guarding this loot stash. Then hide an even bigger trap on the loot. That was a dungeon without doubt and a lot of fun. But it only took about 30 minutes to clear/loot with 1 death.

Therefore, I hope this house is the small scale and the skyscrapers will be the large. Meaning there will be a lot of badass medium dungeons. Which is my hope. lol

As Zourin said, if it has torches showing you entries, has spikes all over the place etc it is a dungeon house.

Note that some of them are very minimally a dungeon and nothing like the tougher ones with radiated, ferals etc.

I have found harder zombies in fortified houses than I have in actual dungeon homes. I am fairly certain the scale will be based on perceivable sq/ft layout of levels. Which means the grocery stores, large houses, schools, police stations, high rises, etc will be a lot more fun to go through in the major cities. Then when you hit the skyscrapers, hours of fun there.

I think it depends on what you find. I love wandering around and exploring new places, so with my POI base secured i wander off and clear the closest to me buildings.

Recently i decided to check the two last buildings SW of my base (cleared others in that direction, but also E and a bit NE, whereas S and SE is the desert). Funny thing, i started from the smaller one, something like a shack, which had a couple simple zombies inside. It had a few boxes to climb in order to get to the ceiling, which connected to the roof of the other building. Moved out and i noticed 2 BIG GREEN PIGS on the other building... And it wasn't such a big building too.

Checked what weapons i had on me and decided to slowly go back... With people telling stories of ferals being too tough, new enemy doesn't sound too good (and most likely a boss like). Anyone fought these? I guess they have to be tough...

Archived