General modding questions (HELP)

Ozzland

1. Bird nest size: -Resolved, answered

Trying to make a better sized bird nest, changing the size on the container to a 2,2 doesnt seem to work in A17 as it did in A16

This is from the loot.xml

<!-- birds nest-->
<lootcontainer id="25" count="1,3" size="2,2" sound_open="UseActions/open_garbage" sound_close="UseActions/close_garbage" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
<item name="foodEgg" count="1" prob="0.25"/>
<item name="resourceFeather" count="4,8" prob="0.75"/>
</lootcontainer>

This did work, needs new game or have to move to a different map chunk then you were in when mod was added.

-- New --

2. Pickup burning barrels

What as I missing here, no errors but it also is not allowing me to pick up the barrels like I could in a16

In modlet block file

<append xpath="//block[@name='burningBarrel']">
		<property name="Stacknumber" value="5"/>
		<property name="CanPickup" value="true"/>
		<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
		<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>
</append>

3. Add ability to pickup the new deco lights, flashlight, table lamp, barricade, ect.

Has determined how to mod ability to pick up and then place new light items?

The following does not appear to be enough.

<append xpath="//block[@name='roadBarricadeLight']">
</append>

4. Is there a tutorial for either bringing over a16 custom zombies or how to create and implement new zombies in a17

5. Is there a limit of the number of modlets I can use on a sever?

As far as I can tell it is the only one for bird nest that posts a size.

There is a block as well (blocks.xml) cntBirdnest, but is is for looks and on destroy.

In A16 i was able to change the size from the loot container since it doesnt have its own item in XUi/windows file.

2. Pickup burning barrels

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here, no errors but it also is not allowing me to pick up the barrels like I could in a16

In modlet block file

<append xpath="//block[@name='burningBarrel']">
		<property name="Stacknumber" value="5"/>
		<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
		<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>
</append>

3. Add ability to pickup the new deco lights, flashlight, table lamp, barricade, ect.

Has determined how to mod ability to pick up and then place new light items?

The following does not appear to be enough.

<append xpath="//block[@name='roadBarricadeLight']">
</append>

4 check yt for david Taylor sdx and you will find what you seek

5 shouldn't be? Weird they would work p2p nd not on a dedi. Logs would help the boys track that down.

Thanks for the replies Guppycur, I am actually looking for the tutorials like a16 had for adding UMA zombies.

I added a lot of new Zs in a16 and then added them into game stages with the (i believe it is yours) "Blood Moon Horde" google sheet. Was looking for that same info as I built a new machine and no longer have the info on how to do either. (create UMA zombies ,or update the spawn and hoard files)

Doing a search for "david Taylor sdx" gave some tutorials on unity models and sdx but certainly not what I used before.

No, what you want is Gazz's spreadsheet, which I'm sure he's updated for a17, but hasn't linked it yet publically.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?56533-Gamestage-Blood-Moon-Horde-generator

For UMA, there are some tricks as the old stuff works, but they don't move.

Go to https://discord.gg/8yGBq9e and hit up Khaine or Tin, I think they're both on top of that now. Darkstardragon, as well. Tin cracked the movement nut.

Archived