A17 and Dedicated Servers

PoppaTot

My question is: If I get a dedicated server, say today, will it be compatible with A17? Is that something that would be up to the server company? I'm a noob at dedicated server information but would like to get one for my stream to take the resources off my PC.

Thanks!

It will be up to the server company as to whether they will allow the experimental build. Not all do.

Most of the larger hosting companies like BlueFang do I believe.

Once a17 stable releases, all should switch to it.

Thanks for the quick response!

So is A17 really going to be fixed?

It will be up to the server company as to whether they will allow the experimental build. Not all do.

Single player runs like a broken wagon wheel on a rutty road. Rough, sluggish, slow, and zero stamina. i have heard the multiplayer side doesn't seem to be as bad, but i don't play multi-player. Far too old to put up with young kids...lol... (Yes I have 19 grandkids and really am old) ... are they going to clean up single player any time soon? I don't get why focous is always on multiplayer. A big chunck of players don't do it.. Besides, before I recommend a game, I play it solo.

Single player runs like a broken wagon wheel on a rutty road. Rough, sluggish, slow, and zero stamina. i have heard the multiplayer side doesn't seem to be as bad, but i don't play multi-player. Far too old to put up with young kids...lol... (Yes I have 19 grandkids and really am old) ... are they going to clean up single player any time soon? I don't get why focous is always on multiplayer. A big chunck of players don't do it.. Besides, before I recommend a game, I play it solo.

Multiplayer is a whole 'nother game, man. Find you a good server with good folks, and good admins. It absolutely adds to the value of the game in my opinion. I barely touched single player mode. A friend got me playing with him on a server with others, and I haven't looked back since. For me, SP is just used for testing in creative mode. In MP, I quickly fell into a role-playing mode. I was a hunter/killer/scavenger. I met some nice folks, who were part of a large in-game community, and even though I was doing my own thing, I was part of a bigger team. We had builders, we had loot/supply scavengers (my favorite), we had miners/harvesters, and people who did a little of this and that. It's even better when you get on voice chat via Teamspeak or Discord and coordinate. I always enjoy getting a team together, going to the city, and looting the hell out of it while fighting off screamer hordes and 7-day hordes, using the loot to craft and resupply the team. It's fun, you should try it sometime. :)

Archived