trader joe's and map question(s)

Jude

1) is there a way for me to edit the inventory of the traders?

2) is there a way for me to remove the trader and his camp ground entirely?

3) is there a way for me to place the nav map at the center of a random gen map?

Thanks for the help. I'm planning to set up a server with pretty robust survival settings and I was hoping to get a few of these things adjusted just for that.

~Jude

1) Yes.

Traders.XML

It's easy to figure out even if you're not familiar with XML's

Add/remove whatever you like.

2) I wouldn't recommend that.

The beginner quest might lock up the game. [Though I've never tried it so can't confirm.]

Although I suppose if you also edit the Quest.XML then you could avoid that problem.

After that it's a simple matter of replacing the Trader POI's in RWG.XML with something else like a shed.

Hmmmm.... that might actually work.

3) Never thought of that. What a great question.

It's a little beyond me but I hope someone comes up with a solution. That would be awesome.

1) is there a way for me to edit the inventory of the traders?

2) is there a way for me to remove the trader and his camp ground entirely?

3) is there a way for me to place the nav map at the center of a random gen map?

Thanks for the help. I'm planning to set up a server with pretty robust survival settings and I was hoping to get a few of these things adjusted just for that.

~Jude

1) Yes but if you accomplish <(2)> there will be no need to even worry about (1).

2) Yes. Comment out the "traderGroup" in the rwgmixer.xml. So it doesn't place those prefabs AND you'll also need to comment out, the quest for finding the trader in the quests.xml

<!-- Basic Survival 8 - Build a Campfire /> -->
<quest id="quest_BasicSurvival8" group_name_key="quest_BasicSurvival" name_key="quest_BasicSurvival8" subtitle_key="quest_BasicSurvival8_subtitle" description_key="quest_BasicSurvival8_description" icon="ui_game_symbol_campfire" category_key="quest" difficulty="veryeasy">
	<objective type="FetchKeep" id="rockSmall" value="8" />
	<objective type="Craft" id="campfire" value="1" />
	<objective type="BlockPlace" id="campfire" value="1" />

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="5" />
	<reward type="ShowTip" value="skillPointTip" stage="aftercomplete" />
	[color="#0000FF"]<!--[/color]<reward type="Quest" id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen1" stage="aftercomplete" />[color="#0000FF"]-->[/color]
   </quest>

<!-- White River Citizen 1 - Journey to Settlement -->
[color="#0000FF"]<!--[/color]<quest id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen1" group_name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen" name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1" subtitle_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1_subtitle" description_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1_description" icon="ui_game_symbol_map_trader" category_key="quest" difficulty="medium">
	<objective type="Goto" id="trader" value="5" />

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="5" />
   </quest>[color="#0000FF"]-->[/color]

3) More trouble then it's worth atm.

Archived