Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=bigc90210;120944]hey Hal, just thought id draw your attention to this thread [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13776-Discuss-Prefabs-in-random-gen/page3[/url] if you havent seen it already. It might be handy for some preset prefab sizes for the new "lots", so that they can easily create prefabs to fit A9[/QUOTE] Might be easier to direct link the post since depending on forum options page sizes can be different (example to me that thread only has 2 pages and the post you wanted to link is on page 1. [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13776-Discuss-Prefabs-in-random-gen&p=120576&viewfull=1#post120576[/url]

[QUOTE=caleb68;121816]Bretthardin, did you try turning user account control off to see if that's what is causing the issue? being that its failing there, it looks like it may be getting blocked to write to the disk. A really simple way to check and see if that is it, try saving the prefab to 'my documents'. If it allows you to save there that could very well be the issue, you can turn down the settings to user account control in control panel under users. Just a thought incase you haven't already tried that.[/QUOTE] I'm having the same issue, caleb and I have my UAC off. It's associated with legacy code changes and things Hal needs to update I assume. Been two separate issues since Alpha 9 came out.

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;121822]Might be easier to direct link the post since depending on forum options page sizes can be different (example to me that thread only has 2 pages and the post you wanted to link is on page 1. [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13776-Discuss-Prefabs-in-random-gen&p=120576&viewfull=1#post120576[/url][/QUOTE] I think your math is off on that abit Red Eagle, I was taking a close look at the different buildings today and looking seeing how they were being placed. wouldn't it be easier to ask Hal to take into consideration adding predefined prefab sizes? and to just to say that the city house blocks (4 per block) are 44x44? far as the roadside buildings, the average size there is the same as the gas stations, which is 33x44, that keeps them from overlapping. If you want to test it, make a random world called "gravetowntest" there will be two large cities in the center of the map, of to the east of the north most you'll head through a plains/forest area, to another burnt area, there along a road you will find 3 gas station spawns perfectly fit together for the roadside spawn on the west side of the burnt area. The cabins and campground spawns don't really have size restrictions, they are just centered at their spawn location, in a rare case you might get 2 that spawn close enough to actually touch eachother but that is a realllly rare thing. [QUOTE=Warsaken;121834]I'm having the same issue, caleb and I have my UAC off. It's associated with legacy code changes and things Hal needs to update I assume. Been two separate issues since Alpha 9 came out.[/QUOTE] hrm wonder if the problem I ran into today falls into that same thing then Warsaken, where it was literally stopping the game from generating the region if I had the prefab open. The odd thing was, yesterday I was doing that all day long, no glitching, then today when I went to do it, it just flat out refused to generate the region. Started to think I needed to repair the game again until I closed out the prefab editor, and just on a whim tried the game again and boom it worked.

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;121822]Might be easier to direct link the post since depending on forum options page sizes can be different (example to me that thread only has 2 pages and the post you wanted to link is on page 1. [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13776-Discuss-Prefabs-in-random-gen&p=120576&viewfull=1#post120576[/url][/QUOTE] ah cheers for the heads up man i hadnt noticed that!

[QUOTE=caleb68;121816]Bretthardin, did you try turning user account control off to see if that's what is causing the issue? being that its failing there, it looks like it may be getting blocked to write to the disk. A really simple way to check and see if that is it, try saving the prefab to 'my documents'. If it allows you to save there that could very well be the issue, you can turn down the settings to user account control in control panel under users. Just a thought incase you haven't already tried that.[/QUOTE] Caleb, Thanks for the suggestions. I turned UAC off, tried to save to desktop and to 'my documents' and received the same error message. I used the program previously with A8 and was successful. Haven't had success with A9 yet.

well... here's how its set on my main pc: I have halls prefab editor unzipped to a folder on the desktop, folder name is the name of the zip file. My steam game folder is the default folder for steam, which is: program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\ 7dtd is in: program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die far as the operating system, I'm still using windows 7 pro 64bit (i do not like windows 8, I do not like it in a box, i do not like it with a fox, I do not like windows 8, all it distils is nothing but hate!) Thus far the only problem I am having is having a prefab open and generating regions. I think letting Hal know what OS and paths the files are under might help as well with trouble shooting the issue. far as full pc: windows 7 pro 64bit 4.2 6 core 32gb ddr3 4tb hd space (2 2tb, with additional storage drives i dont count, like the SSD 128gb drive, and the externals) gforce GTX 560 Ti 2gb video cards, bridged (yes older but they still work great) with 3 monitors Also have latest gforce drivers installed, i've experienced some oddities in the past that didn't seem 'video' related but turned out just to be that. Sorry you guys are having problems with your prefabs :( that sucks :/ hopefully Hal will be able to figure out exactly whats causing the issue for you shortly.

Hi, i have a poblem. I have no idea where the problem is. I´d install the editor and the game new, but i can´t save a prefab. Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung. ************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.Security.SecurityException: ECall-Methoden müssen in ein Systemmodul gepackt werden. bei PrefabEditor.method_3(String string_13, String string_14) bei PrefabEditor.Save(String _directory, String _prefabFileName) bei SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.saveAsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Die Zone der Assembly, bei der ein Fehler aufgetreten ist: MyComputer ************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Danie/Desktop/7dtd/Editor/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: . CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Danie/Desktop/7dtd/Editor/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL. ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Danie/Desktop/7dtd/Editor/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL. CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT-Debuggen ************** Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden. Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden. Zum Beispiel: Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle Ausnahmefehler an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt. I hope you can help me :)

[QUOTE=caleb68;122240]well... here's how its set on my main pc: I have halls prefab editor unzipped to a folder on the desktop, folder name is the name of the zip file. My steam game folder is the default folder for steam, which is: program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\ 7dtd is in: program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die far as the operating system, I'm still using windows 7 pro 64bit (i do not like windows 8, I do not like it in a box, i do not like it with a fox, I do not like windows 8, all it distils is nothing but hate!) Thus far the only problem I am having is having a prefab open and generating regions. I think letting Hal know what OS and paths the files are under might help as well with trouble shooting the issue. far as full pc: windows 7 pro 64bit 4.2 6 core 32gb ddr3 4tb hd space (2 2tb, with additional storage drives i dont count, like the SSD 128gb drive, and the externals) gforce GTX 560 Ti 2gb video cards, bridged (yes older but they still work great) with 3 monitors Also have latest gforce drivers installed, i've experienced some oddities in the past that didn't seem 'video' related but turned out just to be that. Sorry you guys are having problems with your prefabs :( that sucks :/ hopefully Hal will be able to figure out exactly whats causing the issue for you shortly.[/QUOTE] I figure he already knows, he just needs the time to work on it because he and I were conversing over the weekend. Right now if you can even save a prefab, you're ahead of the curve, Caleb. With Alpha 9's release, how some things work "under the hood" was reconfigured so now Hal has to remove some code/change some code to get everything working again. Originally, decals weren't tagged properly because something changed. That was fixed, but now the saving/importing issue has come up. @Solvai: it's a known issue at the moment. Hal just needs the free time to implement the fixes. Right now, we can't save anything.

[QUOTE=caleb68;122240] (i do not like windows 8, I do not like it in a box, i do not like it with a fox, I do not like windows 8, all it distils is nothing but hate!) [/QUOTE] This ^^ I've just uploaded a new version. I've not added any fixes as I'm not getting the errors you guys are. But I've added some stuff that should give me more information. Do a manual update and post any issues you have. Cheers, Hal

When opening the World Editor:[SPOILER][CODE]--------------------------- Tell HAL I said this. Or else. --------------------------- ECall methods must be packaged into a system module. --------------------------- OK ---------------------------[/CODE][/SPOILER]When loading a .ex file in prefab editor:[SPOILER][CODE][...] ECall methods must be packaged into a system module.[/CODE][CODE][...] ************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.Security.SecurityException: ECall-Methoden müssen in ein Systemmodul gepackt werden. bei PrefabEditor.method_3(String string_13, String string_14) bei PrefabEditor.Save(String _directory, String _prefabFileName) bei SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.toolStripMenuItem4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Die Zone der Assembly, bei der ein Fehler aufgetreten ist: MyComputer ************** Geladene Assemblys ************** mscorlib Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll. ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll. ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll. ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: . CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL. ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0. CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL. ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll. ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll. ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll. ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll. ---------------------------------------- ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib Assembly-Version: 2.84.0.0. Win32-Version: 2.84.0.0. CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL. ---------------------------------------- [...][/CODE][/SPOILER]Note that the second error can by prevented by uninstalling .NET v4.5 and installing .NET v4.0 (which is not a viable solution) Also, your editor doesn't work on WinXP machines (but it runs smoothly after modifying the .exe a bit using a hex editor or editbin.exe). Please consider [URL="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12319952/how-do-i-target-net-4-0-3-on-xp-using-visual-studio-2012-application-fails-to"]targeting XP[/URL] (I suppose you are using VS2012).

yeah im getting very similar messages now (will paste them just incase theyre different) running windows 8.1 pro 64 bit getting this message when creating a new prefab then immediately trying to save it (so nothing to do with an existing prefab) "ECall methods must be packaged into a system module" [CODE]See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException: ECall methods must be packaged into a system module. at GClass0.smethod_56() at PrefabEditor.Save(String _prefabFileName) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.saveAsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) The Zone of the assembly that failed was: MyComputer ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box. [/CODE] getting the same message when trying to import exported prefabs. Ive tried allowing DEP but it wont let me, when i add the SDTDEditor.exe to the DEP exception list i get --------------------------- Data Execution Prevention --------------------------- This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program. --------------------------- OK ---------------------------

[QUOTE=Baltram;122371] Also, your editor doesn't work on WinXP machines (but it runs smoothly after modifying the .exe a bit using a hex editor or editbin.exe). Please consider [URL="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12319952/how-do-i-target-net-4-0-3-on-xp-using-visual-studio-2012-application-fails-to"]targeting XP[/URL] (I suppose you are using VS2012). [/QUOTE] Thanks for the info Baltram. Yes, the editor uses framework 4.5 as it has options that aren't available in previous versions and integrates better with the code TFP create. Having different versions of the editor would be too time consuming to manage so I've no plans to support XP. Feel free to post your modded version though if people have a need for it. -- Ok, I've released a new version with some fixes. To apply them you'll need to do a manual update twice. So do a manual update and go through the process. When the editor starts again do another manual update. Then test it and let me know if there's still problems. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=Baltram;122371]... doesn't work on WinXP machines (but it runs smoothly after modifying the .exe a bit using a hex editor or editbin.exe). Please consider [URL="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12319952/how-do-i-target-net-4-0-3-on-xp-using-visual-studio-2012-application-fails-to"]targeting XP[/URL] (I suppose you are using VS2012).[/QUOTE] Windows XP officially reached "end of life" by Microsoft in april this year. You should upgrade soon as you're able. Continuing to use it without patches including security updates puts you in serious peril.

Start Update error: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.[QUOTE=HAL9000;122420]Having different versions of the editor would be too time consuming to manage so I've no plans to support XP. Feel free to post your modded version though if people have a need for it.[/QUOTE]I'll just leave this as a note: [B]If anyone needs to make the editor work under WinXP, open the .exe in a hex editor, go to offset 200 (0xC8) and change the byte 06 to 04, then save.[/B] [QUOTE=HAL9000;122420]Ok, I've released a new version with some fixes. To apply them you'll need to do a manual update twice. So do a manual update and go through the process. When the editor starts again do another manual update. Then test it and let me know if there's still problems.[/QUOTE]I did the manual update a couple of times. Upon the restart of the program (after updating) I always get the following:[CODE]Start Update error: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.[/CODE]Both errors (ECall) still persist. [QUOTE=BloodSlinger;122427]Windows XP officially reached "end of life" by Microsoft in april this year. You should upgrade soon as you're able.[/QUOTE]I have XP on a virtual machine and need to run the editor there so I can open .ex files without getting the above error.

[QUOTE=bigc90210;122429]i cant seem to see it? what is the latest version no? im still on 0.31 here ran "manual update" from the menu twice (the box is blank both times) and still on 0.31[/QUOTE] The version number won't change. It's just an updated version of 0.31 -- Ok thanks. I can now replicate the problem. No more random stabs in the dark! The bad news is I'm out of time for this evening so it'll be at least tomorrow before the next update. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=caleb68;121979]I think your math is off on that abit Red Eagle, I was taking a close look at the different buildings today and looking seeing how they were being placed. wouldn't it be easier to ask Hal to take into consideration adding predefined prefab sizes? and to just to say that the city house blocks (4 per block) are 44x44? far as the roadside buildings, the average size there is the same as the gas stations, which is 33x44, that keeps them from overlapping. If you want to test it, make a random world called "gravetowntest" there will be two large cities in the center of the map, of to the east of the north most you'll head through a plains/forest area, to another burnt area, there along a road you will find 3 gas station spawns perfectly fit together for the roadside spawn on the west side of the burnt area. The cabins and campground spawns don't really have size restrictions, they are just centered at their spawn location, in a rare case you might get 2 that spawn close enough to actually touch eachother but that is a realllly rare thing. hrm wonder if the problem I ran into today falls into that same thing then Warsaken, where it was literally stopping the game from generating the region if I had the prefab open. The odd thing was, yesterday I was doing that all day long, no glitching, then today when I went to do it, it just flat out refused to generate the region. Started to think I needed to repair the game again until I closed out the prefab editor, and just on a whim tried the game again and boom it worked.[/QUOTE] Not my math, the numbers for the WastelandHubs and Roadside hubs are the sizes the code restricts prefabs to when selecting. I then pointed out an issue (using screenshots) with even that for City blocks (mostly because it generates a 103x103 city lot with 7 wide road, and only subtracts 6 from the width hence the allowed 1 block overlap)(I also didn't see where City hub took into account for the road edge decorations {sidewalk, light, signs} but I may have missed that).

Updated to 0.31. Windows 8.1 Pro. I get the following error when trying to save prefab: [QUOTE]See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException: ECall methods must be packaged into a system module. at PrefabEditor.method_3(String string_13, String string_14) at PrefabEditor.Save(String _directory, String _prefabFileName) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) The Zone of the assembly that failed was: MyComputer ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/bhardin/Desktop/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/bhardin/Desktop/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/bhardin/Desktop/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box. [/QUOTE]

hey Hal, I haven't been using the editor much since the release of A9, the random worlds actually have me playing and enjoying the game again. I seem to remember the editor having a command to place a prefab at a players location, but I cant remember the command or seem to find a list of all current commands, any help would be appreciated. I thought this would be a good way (if it is possible) of getting around the fact we cant have prefabs loaded in where we want them in random worlds (yet)

Ok, next round of updates is ready for download. This should be slightly more effective ^^ Do a manual update to get them. [QUOTE=ZombieMan;122714]hey Hal, I haven't been using the editor much since the release of A9, the random worlds actually have me playing and enjoying the game again. I seem to remember the editor having a command to place a prefab at a players location, but I cant remember the command or seem to find a list of all current commands, any help would be appreciated. I thought this would be a good way (if it is possible) of getting around the fact we cant have prefabs loaded in where we want them in random worlds (yet)[/QUOTE] Unfortunately not Zombie. The way the "insert at player location" works is by adding the prefab to the XML at the players location. That way of adding prefabs isn't available in random gen. I've still not had time to look at the random world XML stuff yet. I'm hoping to this weekend but I'm busy with other stuff at the moment. Hal

Archived