Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Suggestion: Import/Export Layers Import one or multiple layers from bottom to top (perhaps dependent upon name scheme like layer00 as base, layer01, layer02, etc.). Export one, a range, or entire prefab of layers to PNG or GIF. That way, image editors can alleviate some of my requests for this editor. *laughs* I've managed to do it manually by zooming completely out, screen-capturing, and editing, but the process is quite tedious on numerous layers.

Hi Hal, I added the Commands folder to that directory and it seemed to work. But it doesn't seem to save and export the prefab. When I type into chat the bbb commands I don't get a response advising that it worked as shown in Ekk0s walk through. I might try reinstalling and adding the folder before running for the first time. Thanks for the reply.

[QUOTE=Scykotic;102054]Hi Hal, I added the Commands folder to that directory and it seemed to work. But it doesn't seem to save and export the prefab. When I type into chat the bbb commands I don't get a response advising that it worked as shown in Ekk0s walk through. I might try reinstalling and adding the folder before running for the first time. Thanks for the reply.[/QUOTE] You might want to make sure that you have the proper Assembly-CSharp.dll loaded.. ( this happened to me before ) Try copying the one listed in Hal's editor folder to the 7 days to die folder and see if this helps. It should be copied to here.. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed

Thanks for the suggestion I deleted the editor and everything it changed and started over by extracting it again. This time it seemed to know where everything was kept and didn't give any of the errors it had before. ive been able to place pre fabs, export my own buildings into another map. It all works well now. Thanks. One question though. How do you set doors as unlocked? I exported a pre fab from my main map to my test map and it worked well once i figured out the correct height, but all the doors are locked. Any ideas?

[QUOTE=Scykotic;102113] One question though. How do you set doors as unlocked? I exported a pre fab from my main map to my test map and it worked well once i figured out the correct height, but all the doors are locked.[/QUOTE] To the best of my knowledge, if the door is labeled "secure", it will be locked on placement. At the current state of the game, that is unchangeable. I've not checked, but this labeling may not show in the editor, but you can see this in effect in-game with Cheat Mode.

[QUOTE=Scykotic;102133]Yeah if i put them in as a secure door in the editor then they show up locked in game. Ive just removed all the doors off the structure and will just build them in game so the locking part works correctly. Thanks[/QUOTE] Just use the regular doors.. there are secure doors and regular doors. secure doors will be locked and regular doors will be unlocked. Just type "door" into the search window of the editor and you will see your all your choices.

ok new to the forums and quickly looked but dont see anything.... when installing a prefab on my server am i gonna lose everything i already did or can i keep all that and add more? TIA for the help

[QUOTE=sucat;102284]ok new to the forums and quickly looked but dont see anything.... when installing a prefab on my server am i gonna lose everything i already did or can i keep all that and add more? TIA for the help[/QUOTE] In order to see the prefab in the world you have to delete the files for that particular region which the prefab is located in, so you'll lose what was done to the world in that region. You can find more information [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10163-Tutorial-So-You-Want-to-Make-a-Prefab"]here[/URL] Update: You can also save your buildings with Hal's prefab editor and transfer them to a new game, or load them on the world after deleting the region files.

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;101966]Suggestion: Import/Export Layers[/QUOTE] Added to the to-do list [QUOTE=sucat;102284]ok new to the forums and quickly looked but dont see anything.... when installing a prefab on my server am i gonna lose everything i already did or can i keep all that and add more? TIA for the help[/QUOTE] If you find the region you will just lose that area. Deleting all the regions will reset the entire world. As a sneak peak at a (hopefully) soon to be added feature is the ability to load your prefabs from inside the game while it's running. This will let you add in your prefab without resetting the region and as an extra bonus you'll be able to save the prefab in the editor and refresh the game while you're stood next to the prefab to see the changes in real time (oooohhhhh ahhhhhhh) Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;102298]Added to the to-do list If you find the region you will just lose that area. Deleting all the regions will reset the entire world. As a sneak peak at a (hopefully) soon to be added feature is the ability to load your prefabs from inside the game while it's running. This will let you add in your prefab without resetting the region and as an extra bonus you'll be able to save the prefab in the editor and refresh the game while you're stood next to the prefab to see the changes in real time (oooohhhhh ahhhhhhh) Hal[/QUOTE] Can't wait!! Will there be limitations on moving, rotating, or deleting?

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;102360]Can't wait!! Will there be limitations on moving, rotating, or deleting?[/QUOTE] Yeah I wouldn't get too excited, it's just going to read the prefab.xml file add load the data from that, there won't be any funky GUI or placing prefabs like blocks (yet... ;)) The main reason for doing it is so you guys can test as you go, have the editor on one screen and the game open on another and see the changes as you're making them. It also gets rid of the need to delete regions which can be a pain in the ass Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;102414]Yeah I wouldn't get too excited, it's just going to read the prefab.xml file add load the data from that, there won't be any funky GUI or placing prefabs like blocks (yet... ;))Hal[/QUOTE] So in troubleshooting placement, would I still need to edit prefabs.xml and clear regions? Or will the refresh update everything?

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;102496]So in troubleshooting placement, would I still need to edit prefabs.xml and clear regions? Or will the refresh update everything?[/QUOTE] So the plan is: 1) Start building your prefab and save it 2) Open the game 3) Click "Add at player location" in the editor 4) Click "reload prefab in game" (or something similar) button in the editor 5) See the prefab load in game 6) Make changes in the editor 7) Save the prefab 8) Click "reload prefab in game" 9) See the prefab change etc etc No need to delete regions and if you wanted to add it manually into the prefab.xml that fine, it's just going to read the xml file and look for the prefab. If it finds it then it'll load it. If there's more than one it'll be the nearest one to the player that gets loaded.

Uhm. Regarding this new 8.7 update... Does anyone have any experience using the jetpack feature within the backup manager and VAC yet? Maybe I am too cautious but is'nt there a risk now getting VAC-banned while using it? I dare to activate the Editor by modifying the game files at the moment, because some players on my server, that have permissions to use jetpack, might run into trouble accidently.

[QUOTE=Tohuwabohu;102615]Uhm. Regarding this new 8.7 update... Does anyone have any experience using the jetpack feature within the backup manager and VAC yet? Maybe I am too cautious but is'nt there a risk now getting VAC-banned while using it? I dare to activate the Editor by modifying the game files at the moment, because some players on my server, that have permissions to use jetpack, might run into trouble accidently.[/QUOTE] I'll be testing all the functions before posting the update for the editor. But yes, turning off the VAC checks may be necessary to run the mod on a public server.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;102661]I'll be testing all the functions before posting the update for the editor. But yes, turning off the VAC checks may be necessary to run the mod on a public server.[/QUOTE] we need a statement from the devs about modding, VAC is against dll modifying and a vac ban is delayed so i dont want a vac ban on my steam account because i used hal´s modifyd dll!

[QUOTE=limodor;102673]we need a statement from the devs about modding, VAC is against dll modifying and a vac ban is delayed so i dont want a vac ban on my steam account because i used hal´s modifyd dll![/QUOTE] I've asked for some qualification for the modding but it may be that I disable anything that isn't VAC compatible for you have to make sure your server is has VAC disabled in the settings. If it's the DLL that flags up then that's pretty much the end of the editor for public servers. I'm also looking at the code for implementing an anti hack checker but it's in the very early stages. And ironically, even if I wrote it the fact that it's a modified DLL may been the people using it would get banned themselves. Hal

Got that error when exporting a prefab on 8.6 [CODE]New server started Game Location: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ Global Settings: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\HalGlobal.txt BackupPath:C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/ UsersPath:C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/Users/ SettingsPath:C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/Settings.txt Command Path: C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/Commands/ Command Processor Start. Command Processor Loaded. Loading Globals Loading Globals finished Saving globals... Process message:bbb ex mounth1 Chunk null when export:-1410,146, 167772071 Process chat error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, at BackupManager.ExportArea (System.String[] args, .BackupUser adminplayer) [0x00000] in :0 at BackupManager.ProcessChatMessage (System.String Message, System.String playerName) [0x00000] in :0 [/CODE]

[QUOTE=Curbolt;103054]Got that error when exporting a prefab on 8.6 [CODE]New server started Game Location: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\ Global Settings: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\HalGlobal.txt BackupPath:C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/ UsersPath:C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/Users/ SettingsPath:C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/Settings.txt Command Path: C:\Users\Admin\Documents/7 Days To Die/Saves/Navezgane/Creative/BlockBackup/Commands/ Command Processor Start. Command Processor Loaded. Loading Globals Loading Globals finished Saving globals... Process message:bbb ex mounth1 Chunk null when export:-1410,146, 167772071 Process chat error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, at BackupManager.ExportArea (System.String[] args, .BackupUser adminplayer) [0x00000] in :0 at BackupManager.ProcessChatMessage (System.String Message, System.String playerName) [0x00000] in :0 [/CODE][/QUOTE] That usually happens when the server doesn't have the chunk in memory. Try loading the server, entering the game. Wait for 60 seconds while all the chunks load around you. Save the area and then export it. If you get the same error let me know and I'll take a look. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;102564]No need to delete regions and if you wanted to add it manually into the prefab.xml that fine, it's just going to read the xml file and look for the prefab. If it finds it then it'll load it. If there's more than one it'll be the nearest one to the player that gets loaded.[/QUOTE] Sorry, still a bit fuzzy to me. I'd prolly have to see it in action. If I tweak the coordinates, will it delete the first instance and place a new instance or will it create a new instance and overlap the old one?

[QUOTE=Hiyoto;103084]Sorry, still a bit fuzzy to me. I'd prolly have to see it in action. If I tweak the coordinates, will it delete the first instance and place a new instance or will it create a new instance and overlap the old one?[/QUOTE] Maybe, if I can figure out how to reload the "vanilla" chunk then yes it will. If I can't, then no it won't ^^ Well I've just got the 8.7 version done. All the commands are working and I wasn't instantly VAC banned. But apparently it can take days or weeks before the ban comes through. So I'm going to delay the release. Partly because I want to see if I get banned and secondly cause my server isn't working properly at the moment. Hal

Archived