Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=HydroXTV;95798]Yeah but my method is way faster :D Especially Im to lazy to get into how the numbers work properly :) I just bbb claim bbb ex and then I click on "Remove multiple top layers" and Im fine :D That would be way faster than to specify every single building we have(will be 200+) ^^ need need need that feature xD[/QUOTE] See, this is why I need a coder for my Prefab Placer idea. :P I may try to draft something up in the older Game Maker tool. I'm rusty, but the syntax is stupid-simple.

Request: would it be possible to have the editor export heightmaps? Format preference would be bitmap, PNG, GIF, or any other common noiseless compression format. The heightmap could be generated relative to its own local height only or also factor in Z-axis placement of the prefab. So if world Z is say 32 and the height of the prefab is 16, the lowest color would be (32+0; air block) 202020 and highest would be (32+16) 303030... think my math is right on that. I'd like to have this feature so I can export existing chunks of terrain for relandscaping in Cubicle. It's the only workaround I can think of in place of exporting to *.QB.

[QUOTE=HydroXTV;95798]Yeah but my method is way faster :D Especially Im to lazy to get into how the numbers work properly :) I just bbb claim bbb ex and then I click on "Remove multiple top layers" and Im fine :D That would be way faster than to specify every single building we have(will be 200+) ^^ need need need that feature xD[/QUOTE] Well I'd get exercising your clicking finger haha cause I'll add it to the to-do list but it may be some time before it's in the editor. Apart from version updates and tweaks (and occasionally when I'm bored of my other coding) I'm not planning many updates till I'm playing again. I'm hoping A9 brings some spice back to the game because I'm barely playing at the moment due to nothing to do in game. My next task for the editor will be looking at implementing Hiyoto's GUI improvements and maybe keyboard shortcuts. Speaking of keyboard shortcuts - eventually I'll have them mapable but the first version will be hard coded so if people have ideas for which keys are best for you builders I'm open to suggestions. [QUOTE=Hiyoto;95860]Request: would it be possible to have the editor export heightmaps? [/QUOTE] Added to To-do list Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;95926]Well I'd get exercising your clicking finger haha cause I'll add it to the to-do list but it may be some time before it's in the editor. Apart from version updates and tweaks (and occasionally when I'm bored of my other coding) I'm not planning many updates till I'm playing again. I'm hoping A9 brings some spice back to the game because I'm barely playing at the moment due to nothing to do in game. My next task for the editor will be looking at implementing Hiyoto's GUI improvements and maybe keyboard shortcuts. Speaking of keyboard shortcuts - eventually I'll have them mapable but the first version will be hard coded so if people have ideas for which keys are best for you builders I'm open to suggestions. Added to To-do list Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] I hope Alpha 9.0 does bring back your passion for playing, Hal. I sincerely appreciate all the work you've put into your editor and without it, I can't play 7 Days to Die. I enjoy building WAY more than actually legit-playing (I like constructing things with Cheat Mode and exporting to the editor!) and without making a design into a prefab I can't fathom losing progress or having to completely world wipe and start over.

[QUOTE]My next task for the editor will be looking at implementing Hiyoto's GUI improvements and maybe keyboard shortcuts. Speaking of keyboard shortcuts - eventually I'll have them mapable but the first version will be hard coded so if people have ideas for which keys are best for you builders I'm open to suggestions. [/QUOTE] If you have a pending list of shortcuts, we could contribute our ideas on how they could be mapped. I tend to mimic common shortcuts across the board of my apps from Photoshop or 3DS Max, where relevant.

[QUOTE=Warsaken;95940]I hope Alpha 9.0 does bring back your passion for playing, Hal. I sincerely appreciate all the work you've put into your editor and without it, I can't play 7 Days to Die. I enjoy building WAY more than actually legit-playing (I like constructing things with Cheat Mode and exporting to the editor!) and without making a design into a prefab I can't fathom losing progress or having to completely world wipe and start over.[/QUOTE] Thanks Warsaken, I hope so too. I'm really hoping for some sort of quest system. Or at least the beginnings of one - cause ya know, modding :) I can't do the awesome prefabs so I play for the survival aspect and I can go from start to having all the stuff I need to survive in a couple of days on the hardest settings. Once there I've nothing to do and no reason to explore (except when I've added a new prefab from one of you guys - thanks!) Fingers crossed A9 isn't far away :) [QUOTE=Hiyoto;95954]If you have a pending list of shortcuts, we could contribute our ideas on how they could be mapped. I tend to mimic common shortcuts across the board of my apps from Photoshop or 3DS Max, where relevant.[/QUOTE] Basically anything in the "Prefab" and "World" drop downs I want as shortcuts plus the usual save/load etc. Then changing layer, zoom, mode change. All the commands people use regularly are open for shortcuts Hal

awesome editor dude, i used it for cleaning up my first prefab and its great! couple of feature requests: The ability to remove rows/columns from the prefab (can only add at the moment) some way of being able to see a preview of a block before you place it (so its easier to see what direction something is facing before you place it a method of mass changing of block direction (i couldnt figure out if this was already possible?) a method to automatically set all blocks in a prefab's damage to 0 (or any other number/mass change?) a method of setting the status of doors that have been placed (open/closed/locked?) also, does anyone know how to add sedan cars to prefabs? i cant seem to find them in the block/item list.

[QUOTE=HydroXTV;97288]Req feature1: Already in,same option as adding, just a bit lower (within prefab ull find it) 2. idk 3. idk 4. u can do that: prefab->replace block id 5. idk 6. change the radio button top left side from BLOCKS to entities![/QUOTE] 2. Planned. Aussiewombat is working on a program for this. His orientation guide. 5. Can't do.

[QUOTE=HydroXTV;97288]Req feature1: Already in,same option as adding, just a bit lower (within prefab ull find it) 2. idk 3. idk 4. u can do that: prefab->replace block id 5. idk 6. change the radio button top left side from BLOCKS to entities![/QUOTE] 3. Added to the to-do list

One thing i thought would be awesome if you could include it, would be for when choosing a block, to be able to see the thumbnail of what the block looks like (like how its been done in the recipe editor) [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7910-BloodSlinger-s-Advanced-Recipe-Editor[/url] it would save loads of time and help get an idea of what the prefab looks like as youre building it. Cheers C

[QUOTE=bigc90210;97887]One thing i thought would be awesome if you could include it, would be for when choosing a block, to be able to see the thumbnail of what the block looks like (like how its been done in the recipe editor) [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7910-BloodSlinger-s-Advanced-Recipe-Editor[/url] it would save loads of time and help get an idea of what the prefab looks like as youre building it. Cheers C[/QUOTE] As Ekk0 mentioned, this is already planned through AussieWombat's project. He's building a 3D viewer for the blocks in the game and has said he'll build in a command line control method that I can use from within the editor. With his system you'll be able to tell what the blocks look like and how the block shape moves in different orientations.

Nice editor however i can not load my prefabs into the game, I get a message saying "no player with steam id found" I have added my steam id into the settings under the steam id format "SteamID example: STEAM_0:1:1234567" any ideas?

Hey Hal, Long time. I was just working on completing a prefab and thought that if you did find and read a prefabs location from the xml file, it would be a nice feature to be able to display that region and be able to clear only that region the prefab is in rather than clear all the regions from that save game. This would allow the user to work on prefabs in an area of the map while maintaining the other area's in the game. Cheers

Hey Wseigel, Yeah, long time! How are you? Yeah a more targeted version for region deletion is on my to-do list. I'm also going to add a command in game that tells you what region your currently in for when you want to do it manually. I'm going to try and get some new stuff added to the editor over the weekend and a new version released maybe Monday. Hal

[QUOTE=Tarquinn;98283]Noob Question. I get an error when trying to start SDTDEditor. "SDTDEditor has stopped working" I am running windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE] Do you have .NET Framework 4.5 installed? Here's the [URL="http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653"]link[/URL]

[QUOTE=HAL9000;98282] Yeah a more targeted version for region deletion is on my to-do list. I'm also going to add a command in game that tells you what region your currently in for when you want to do it manually. I'm going to try and get some new stuff added to the editor over the weekend and a new version released maybe Monday. Hal[/QUOTE] Oooooohhh, nice!

[QUOTE=HAL9000;98423]Do you have .NET Framework 4.5 installed? Here's the [URL="http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653"]link[/URL][/QUOTE] Like I said noob! Thank you HAL. Your editor is pretty fricken cool.

Archived