Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=HydroXTV;94982]Hal could u take a look at my stream i got a funny issue there :DDD Many blocks i create in your editor shows a newspaper ontop of it :DDD Idk whats wrong ^^ [url]http://twitch.tv/hydroxtv[/url][/QUOTE] Sounds like you have decals on for those blocks. If you have a damage for a block of 15 It shows a decal on top and the meta tag is which decal shows up.. 0 is a newspaper.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;94997]Mini update time! Added: Insert multiple rows Added: Insert multiple columns Added: Insert multiple layers Added: Reset block info on replace Do a manual update to get the new additions. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Good one! What about a button Panel to click on the Buttons like: Add Columns and Rows

People have been reporting that the "Add prefab at player location" function wipes the XML file of other prefabs. I can't reproduce it the problem. They get added to the list and the others are un-touched on mine. Can someone that's having the issue send me a PM with their prefabs.xml file in? That's the only thing that can be different to mine so I want to see what it looks like. [QUOTE=Curbolt;95003]Good one! What about a button Panel to click on the Buttons like: Add Columns and Rows[/QUOTE] I've no plans for a panel (at the moment) but there's keyboard shortcuts on the to-do list. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;95016]People have been reporting that the "Add prefab at player location" function wipes the XML file of other prefabs. I can't reproduce it the problem. They get added to the list and the others are un-touched on mine. Can someone that's having the issue send me a PM with their prefabs.xml file in? That's the only thing that can be different to mine so I want to see what it looks like. I've no plans for a panel (at the moment) but there's keyboard shortcuts on the to-do list. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] I've just testet this again, it seems the Problem is gone with the latest Editor (0.23). But got that with 0.22 or 0.21

[QUOTE=Curbolt;95021]I've just testet this again, it seems the Problem is gone with the latest Editor (0.23). But got that with 0.22 or 0.21[/QUOTE] Ok, thanks for the update. I'll leave it for now but if it happens again let me know. Cheers, Hal

Hey Hal, Is it possible for you to add the prefab at players location to the end of the file ( or give a choice ) rather than the top? When it is at the top things under it can overwrite your prefab. So if you wanted to replace an in game prefab, you have to manually do it. I must admit I haven't used this since I figured out it was at the top of the list. I assume you are still adding it there?

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;95040]Hey Hal, Is it possible for you to add the prefab at players location to the end of the file ( or give a choice ) rather than the top? When it is at the top things under it can overwrite your prefab. So if you wanted to replace an in game prefab, you have to manually do it. I must admit I haven't used this since I figured out it was at the top of the list. I assume you are still adding it there?[/QUOTE] Yeah no worries Wseigel, I can move it to the bottom in the next release. I had it at the top just for ease of viewing when you opened the XML but having it have priority to other prefabs that have already been added is more important. Cheers, Hal

First time I downloaded this, I keep getting an exception on last version whenever I open the app or click on a button. I have .net Framework 4 for sure since I have VS 2010 Ultimate Also tried to run in vista compatibility mode and as administrator ************** Texte de l'exception ************** System.TypeInitializationException: Une exception a été levée par l'initialiseur de type pour 'SDTDEditor.Helper'. ---> System.TypeLoadException: La méthode 'Get' du type 'Prefab' de l'assembly 'SDTDEditor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' n'a pas d'implémentation. à SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor..ctor() à SDTDEditor.Helper..cctor() --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- à SDTDEditor.Helper.LoadSettings() à SDTDEditor.frmMenu.frmMenu_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Assemblys chargés ************** mscorlib Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Version de l'assembly♥: 1.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Version de l'assembly♥: 0.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase♥: file:///C:/ProgramData/Red%20Gate/.NET%20Reflector/DevPath/Assembly-CSharp.dll ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Version de l'assembly♥: 0.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase♥: file:///C:/ProgramData/Red%20Gate/.NET%20Reflector/DevPath/UnityEngine.dll ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll ----------------------------------------

Hal, Just started playing with the editor and love it. I am trying to save peoples bases on my server and create one-time prefabs, so I can reload the rest of the region around the bases. However, the chests are emptied and the doors are not usable when the bases are saved and exported as a prefab, then loaded in a new map. Is there a way (or an option) to keep loot in chests and maintain functional doors and keystones? Many thanks.

[QUOTE=Crystalmir;95375]First time I downloaded this, I keep getting an exception on last version whenever I open the app or click on a button. I have .net Framework 4 for sure since I have VS 2010 Ultimate Also tried to run in vista compatibility mode and as administrator ************** Texte de l'exception ************** System.TypeInitializationException: Une exception a été levée par l'initialiseur de type pour 'SDTDEditor.Helper'. ---> System.TypeLoadException: La méthode 'Get' du type 'Prefab' de l'assembly 'SDTDEditor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' n'a pas d'implémentation. à SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor..ctor() à SDTDEditor.Helper..cctor() --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- à SDTDEditor.Helper.LoadSettings() à SDTDEditor.frmMenu.frmMenu_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Assemblys chargés ************** mscorlib Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Version de l'assembly♥: 1.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Users/root/Documents/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Version de l'assembly♥: 0.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase♥: file:///C:/ProgramData/Red%20Gate/.NET%20Reflector/DevPath/Assembly-CSharp.dll ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Version de l'assembly♥: 0.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase♥: file:///C:/ProgramData/Red%20Gate/.NET%20Reflector/DevPath/UnityEngine.dll ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources Version de l'assembly♥: 4.0.0.0 Version Win32♥: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL CodeBase♥: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll ----------------------------------------[/QUOTE] Here's the link for the latest .NET update, (4.5) [url]http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40779[/url] [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Crystalmir;95375]First time I downloaded this, I keep getting an exception on last version whenever I open the app or click on a button. I have .net Framework 4 for sure since I have VS 2010 Ultimate [/QUOTE] As Flandry has said, make sure you have .NET Framework 4.5. Also, have you deleted the Assembly-CSharp.DLL file from the editor directory? [QUOTE=Kumquat;95377]Hal, Just started playing with the editor and love it. I am trying to save peoples bases on my server and create one-time prefabs, so I can reload the rest of the region around the bases. However, the chests are emptied and the doors are not usable when the bases are saved and exported as a prefab, then loaded in a new map. Is there a way (or an option) to keep loot in chests and maintain functional doors and keystones? Many thanks.[/QUOTE] The is no current way to save the chest items in the game. While working on the Last Stand mod I've worked out how to remove and populate chest items in multiplayer so it's do-able (Not in single player mode though). It's on my to-do list but I'm working on other projects at the moment so it'll be a while before it's added. Door ownership and lock state is set in code based on your steam ID and isn't possible to set through a prefab at the moment. So it'll be waiting till TFP add the functionality in or yet another item on my to-do list (that list is quite long at the moment) But if someone wants to take up the modding challenge and implement a solution I'll happily answer questions. Questions like "Where do I find the loot container classes" or "why isn't this code working {QUOTE}" NOT questions like "how do I mod?" or "Why isn't there a tool that makes this really easy?" (sorry for that mild rant - I've been holding back on posting in some peoples modding posts and needed to vent on my own thread :D). I feel better now... Cheers, Hal [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=Flandry;95443]Sorry to ask, but what is the process to save a prefab in-game? Do I have to open the game through the editor?[/QUOTE] Check [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10163-Tutorial-So-You-Want-to-Make-a-Prefab"]this [/URL]thread out, you want the "Method 2" post

[QUOTE=HAL9000;95448]There is no current way to save the chest items in the game. While working on the Last Stand mod I've worked out how to remove and populate chest items in multiplayer so it's do-able (Not in single player mode though). It's on my to-do list but I'm working on other projects at the moment so it'll be a while before it's added. Door ownership and lock state is set in code based on your steam ID and isn't possible to set through a prefab at the moment. So it'll be waiting till TFP add the functionality in or yet another item on my to-do list (that list is quite long at the moment.[/QUOTE] Thanks Hal. Good to hear the chest population could be possible in the ......future. Appreciate all your hard work. Wish I could help, but my mad skills would fall under the "How do I mod" category...lol :glee: Again, thanks for the editor. It is an amazing tool.

Hey Hal. Thx for adding my requested features(Adding multiple rows,columns and layers). But now after we made (i think) 20 new prefabs I run into a new needed feature :) So some guys on my PREFAB_Server are just building things. So far so good. Its amazing if they are equal in length and width. So i can change claim size to 60*60, 27*27 and so on. But if (for example my Hospital) you want to get something out of the game that is 100*50 u have to go for the claim size of 100*100. That works properly but now i have to click 50 times to reduce the left,right,top or bottom side :) Thats fun.. ONCE! After u did it once It aint anymore :) And keep up the good work. We already got plenty of new ideas of what to build.

[QUOTE=HydroXTV;95506]Hey Hal. Thx for adding my requested features(Adding multiple rows,columns and layers). But now after we made (i think) 20 new prefabs I run into a new needed feature :) So some guys on my PREFAB_Server are just building things. So far so good. Its amazing if they are equal in length and width. So i can change claim size to 60*60, 27*27 and so on. But if (for example my Hospital) you want to get something out of the game that is 100*50 u have to go for the claim size of 100*100. That works properly but now i have to click 50 times to reduce the left,right,top or bottom side :) Thats fun.. ONCE! After u did it once It aint anymore :) And keep up the good work. We already got plenty of new ideas of what to build.[/QUOTE] An alternative method could be an "Optimize Size" option that removes exterior rows, columns, and layers that contain only air blocks. Also, in the backup manager you can define non-square claims. And don't forget "BBB exy [claimName] [zMin] [zMax]" to export your prefab with defined Z axis.

[QUOTE=Allurapre;95461]Hal9000 I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for this amazing tool.:applause::joyous::encouragement:[/QUOTE] Thanks Allurapre, it's appreciated. [QUOTE=Kumquat;95482]Thanks Hal. Good to hear the chest population could be possible in the ......future. Appreciate all your hard work. Wish I could help, but my mad skills would fall under the "How do I mod" category...lol Again, thanks for the editor. It is an amazing tool.[/QUOTE] Yep, it's on the to-do list. It'll be in the update text when I release it so keep an eye out for it. Haha no worries about the modding, it was more just a venting excercise. Just to clarify, I don't mind "how do I mod?" questions but once people know the answer (start to learn MSIL, play with the code and see what you can do or get into HEX editing and see what you can do) the follow up questions shouldn't be "so... how do I mod?" [QUOTE=HydroXTV;95506]Hey Hal. Thx for adding my requested features(Adding multiple rows,columns and layers). But now after we made (i think) 20 new prefabs I run into a new needed feature So some guys on my PREFAB_Server are just building things. So far so good. Its amazing if they are equal in length and width. So i can change claim size to 60*60, 27*27 and so on. But if (for example my Hospital) you want to get something out of the game that is 100*50 u have to go for the claim size of 100*100. That works properly but now i have to click 50 times to reduce the left,right,top or bottom side :) Thats fun.. ONCE! After u did it once It aint anymore :) And keep up the good work. We already got plenty of new ideas of what to build.[/QUOTE] As Hiyoto said, you can use the backup manager to specify the area of the claim. The initial claim size is just for people without admin abilities. If you run the server you can add/edit/remove areas for people in the backup manager form. But I'll add a "Remove air borders" function onto the to-do list. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;95448]As Flandry has said, make sure you have .NET Framework 4.5. Also, have you deleted the Assembly-CSharp.DLL file from the editor directory?[/QUOTE] I had everything .Net Framework up to 4.51. Tried again after installing 4.52, no go. I tried both with the DLL in the editor folder or renamed to .bak, no go either way Your code does this: (method in Prefab class, default namespace) public GStruct0 Get(int relx, int absy, int relz) { throw new NotImplementedException(); } so it's right that Prefab.Get will throws an exception. But it's preventing me from using the app. I also have no idea why it's being called

The method you're describing is legacy code. I used to build skeleton classes of objects in the game to use as reference for when modding. Now it uses the actual Assembly-CSharp.DLL file. The methods and classes have the same definition but it should (and is in other peoples versions) choose the class in the assembly file. For some reason yours seems to be choosing the internal class. I asked if the DLL file was missing because if it was then the next place it would try is to load it internally which would give the message you're getting. You seem to know what you're doing so can you use [URL="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(VS.71).aspx"]this [/URL] tool to check the DLL binding? Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;95542]Thanks Allurapre, it's appreciated. As Hiyoto said, you can use the backup manager to specify the area of the claim. The initial claim size is just for people without admin abilities. If you run the server you can add/edit/remove areas for people in the backup manager form. But I'll add a "Remove air borders" function onto the to-do list. [/QUOTE] Yeah but my method is way faster :D Especially Im to lazy to get into how the numbers work properly :) I just bbb claim bbb ex and then I click on "Remove multiple top layers" and Im fine :D That would be way faster than to specify every single building we have(will be 200+) ^^ need need need that feature xD

Archived