Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Enforzer;86571]Its a custom prefab.. I was adding resources to it. I scrubbed the app and then reinstalled it. I also installed it on my other two PCs and the same thing is happening, so you might be right. There is over 2 TB on this drive still so I dont think its space.[/QUOTE] Fixed in the next version. Cheers, Hal

Update time! Added: Support for 8.2 Added: 8.2 Blocks changes Updated: Bug fixes. Updated: More checks when doing new block inserts. Updated: Generate a map with custom prefabs added for importing using UAE. Available in the "Download Prefabs" section. PNG only for now. DDS coming soon. Added: Find the location of a prefab by right clicking on the prefab in the world list of the "Download Prefab" section and choosing "Show on Map" Updated: Fixed saving error when using "Open on Disc" mode --- I was hoping to have Red and DNC's mods included with this build but I'm having trouble integrating them at the moment so I've released this and hopefully you'll have the extra mods available in another release soon. This release should also take care of the black boxes people were getting when updating the block information. If they're still turning up then let me know. The map generator can be used by opening the editor, clicking on "Download Prefabs", and then "Generate Map" in the lower right of the form. It will then go through your Prefabs.XML file and place all the prefabs in there (that's over a certain limit so you don't get the cars and signs etc). When it's done it will show it on screen and save a PNG to the directory where the editor is located called "Map.png". To use the map in the game you'll need to convert the PNG to a DDS (I think Paint.NET is the easiest/free way to do it) and then import the asset using Grims UAE software. If you're not sure where a prefab is you can also right click on it in the world prefabs list (the list at the bottom of the screen) and click on "Show on map". It will display the map on screen with only that prefab drawn and an arrow pointing to it. As always, report any bugs/problems/suggestions here and I'll have a look. Cheers, Hal

:encouragement: Great Job Hal... love getting your updates. and I have nothing major to report.. well just one for the future. I was in entity mode and selected info mode to change orientations... but I forgot to change back to blocks.. tried to drag a square to do a fill and the cursor stays in the draw mode even when unclicked.. just moving the cursor draws a constant box.. didn't fix it till i realized I was in info / entity mode and switched back then it reset. When in entity or info mode the middle click should be disabled. as with the scroll wheel when Dragging. thanks mate, Cheers.

thanks for the update but when i start an new or existing world i got an error ressource assets is corrupt anyone know how to fix this? [URL=http://imgur.com/jG4yqnV][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jG4yqnV.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[QUOTE=limodor;87870]thanks for the update but when i start an new or existing world i got an error ressource assets is corrupt anyone know how to fix this? [URL=http://imgur.com/jG4yqnV][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jG4yqnV.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE] I guess my hangover isn't completely gone... I forgot to include the new DLL with the update! Limodor - open the editor and click on "Manual Update". That should fix it! Hal

next problem, when i try to import an *.ex file all layers are unknow blocks i delete blockdata.txt, blockdatadefault.txt and update manually doesn't help any tips? [URL=http://imgur.com/5mYetrp][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5mYetrp.png[/IMG][/URL]

I've been working on a project for the past few days that has many of these. This block was previously displayed in the editor as tubeConcreteNoDistort and ingame as ConcretePillar (ID 603). But yes it does appear to be missing. If this helps HAL at all. [attachment=28:name]

Sigh.... Alas, I thought I'd got the block updates sorted. @Wseigel and @sudo - I'm going to disable the fancy block updating cause it's obviously broken. For now every time there's new blocks I'm going to just create a new list. Unfortunately this means you'll lose any specific colour you've set for a block. For now just delete your BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt files and re-open the editor. That should sort it. @limodor - That's a new one! I'll need to look into it. Cheers, Hal

Quick Fix Time! I hadn't noticed they've changed the class that describes the blocks. I've released it as another update as there's a chance the last one will add unknown blocks into prefabs. @limodor - this should fix the export problem. @all - So manual update or it'll pop up the notification window again. Cheers, Hal

Asphalt 60 and 60tip. It works in game with previous editor, prefab "drive in" released today.. but the editor now shows errors. Deleted blocks.txt files no change. weird that they worked with the previous version and show up fine in game. I didn't have any broken blocks with 8.2 and they all showed up in game fine. did they really change the blocks?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;87932]Quick Fix Time! I hadn't noticed they've changed the class that describes the blocks. I've released it as another update as there's a chance the last one will add unknown blocks into prefabs. @limodor - this should fix the export problem. @all - So manual update or it'll pop up the notification window again. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] it looks like the export function is broken now, old *.ex files loads fine but new one not i pm you the file thx

@sethturace and @limodor Have you updated? It should say "0.16" in the menu on the editor. You need to replace the DLL when prompted too. @Wseigel Yeah the blocks have changed. I rip the information from models_2 and don't change anything so if the information is different it's because TFP have changed the IDs. They've changed the way the block information is stored and there's a conversion process the game is putting the blocks through. I think that's why it worked in the last version even though the block IDs have changed. You can verify by loading the drive-in prefab with the "missing" blocks still in. If they show up in game it's because of the conversion process. Change the block IDs and they should still be there. If not let me know. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=limodor;88003]yes i did full update, can you load my *.ex file without error?[/QUOTE] No, but that's because the ex file is written incorrectly because of the block info update. Did you export the area again? Cheers, Hal

Is there a way to change the block ID (for the unknown blocks) in the editor itself? The black blocks register as air so if I try to replace air with anything else all my air blocks will become block X. The lights have changed too.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;87988]... They've changed the way the block information is stored and there's a conversion process the game is putting the blocks through. I think that's why it worked in the last version even though the block IDs have changed. You can verify by loading the drive-in prefab with the "missing" blocks still in. If they show up in game it's because of the conversion process. Change the block IDs and they should still be there. If not let me know. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] [COLOR="#FFF0F5"]Thanks for the update Hal ! I will try the prefab exportation for save more time. The block information used with v0.14 for TrunkPineTip for exemple in hexa [COLOR="#00FF00"]27 23 00 [COLOR="#FF0000"]20[/COLOR][/COLOR] The block information used with v0.16 for TrunkPineTip for exemple in hexa [COLOR="#00FF00"]27 23 [COLOR="#FF0000"]10[/COLOR] 00[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=HAL9000;88005]No, but that's because the ex file is written incorrectly because of the block info update. Did you export the area again? Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] yes i did it again, the export files are very small only 1kb with only a few numbers inside TY

-Also- The block ID for the unknown blocks show as 0 same as air but when I right click the black block I can add additional black blocks, it doesn't register as air even though it has the air block ID. Is there a way to temporarily change the black block id? Then it would be a simple replace block ID fix. (Sorry I was trying to catch the edit window on my last post and I timed out)

Okay something weird is going on here... All the lights that are turned on are showing up as unknown blocks. lights that are the same yet turned Off are okay. Also after changing all the block to legal blocks in the editor. the game world will not load... if I hit escape after a few minutes i get into the game with only like only 16 blocks around me generated. Change the prefab back to the original one and everything is fine. change back to test and no load. I have uploaded them both through the editor, Drive in, and test. test has all black blocks in drive-in edited. I have also noticed that all black block have their damage byte set to "15" or Decal.

Archived