What's up with the non-transparent water? And how to fix it?

Going to need a log at least.

I've seen this happen before, but usually it's only on a low-end system.

I really don't know how my system could be at fault here.

Specs: i5 [email protected], 16GB PC3-10700 RAM, 8GB GTX 1080

CPU is some years old, but still rated good, graphics card's release was two years ago and was bought this summer, the RAM is kind of a bottleneck in my system, but I don't see how it could be responsible for this visual bug.

GPU doesn't really mean a lot in this title. I mean, I can get 60FPS with a old Intel Core 2 Quad that's overclocked and a GTX770. (yeah, i pushed that to the very edge of it's life. Still use it as a backup server too.)

The RAM you've got isn't terrible either. Which is why i think it's either some setting, or the client not recognizing something. Needs logs to be able to tell more though.

Needs logs to be able to tell more though.

Here you are.

It's that way right from the start, though it gets worse the longer I play (and the more Zombies die in those waters).

Initially, when I had first build my base in the lake everything was in order, but it got gradually worse.

It also isn't untransparent from every angle, when looking at certain angles I can see through the shroud or at least partially, also when I use a scope I can see farther.

output_log__2018-10-24__17-49-10.txt

I was thinking maybe it was running OpenGL, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Comparing your config to mine,

You have

ReflectionQuality = 2

ReflectionShadowDistance = 8

SSAO = True

UMATextureQuality = 0

I have

ReflectionQuality = 0

ReflectionShadowDistance = 0

SSAO = False

UMATextureQuality = 1

For a more visual representation of my settings....

e907725caa187070434080d28eefa191.png

Note that I do not normally have shadows turned on because it is very un-optimized. I was testing drivers, and forgot to turn it off.

For reference, I'm running a i7-3930k overclocked at 4.2GHz base, 16GB DDR3 Ram at 933MHz, and a GTX1060 6GB.

The only other thing I can think of is a clean installation of GPU drivers.

The thing is, I also tried it with all settings maxed and all settings (except for resolution) on minimum, but it didn't really change anything.

As for clean install of drivers, I just recently (2 weeks ago) DDU'd my drivers and reinstalled from scratch.

Archived