More electrical contraptions

Katitof

Pretty much as in the title.

I would like to have more use out of electricity.

Electrical upgrades to existing crafting stations, like mechanical workshop(makes stuff faster or can make some additional stuff), mechanical oven instead of placing fireplace in the kitchen, better lights that would actually be usable outdoors to illuminate anything.

Going wild maybe some kind of low yield lumber mill/ammo factory/mining drill.

Electricity is a system that got endless potential and I find it extremely wasteful to have such system just for lights, turrets, very basic traps and electrified wire.

I mean, this is the apocalypse, not some utopian future where we have machines to do everything for us. If you want that, try the minecraft mod "Industrialcraft", which is kind of build around the premise of your post,. It has every single thing you asked for.

I don't see why its a waste to keep the electrical stuff at a primitive level. It would take even more effort to add the extra stuff.

I mean, this is the apocalypse, not some utopian future where we have machines to do everything for us. If you want that, try the minecraft mod "Industrialcraft", which is kind of build around the premise of your post,. It has every single thing you asked for.

I don't see why its a waste to keep the electrical stuff at a primitive level. It would take even more effort to add the extra stuff.

Don't know about you, but if I was to be left out in post apo world, I would try to salvage whatever I could and make it work for me, so I could have easier and possibly longer life.

I can guarantee you that if I have salvaged solar panels and batteries I would not keep making my food on regular fire, but would try to run a real kitchen.

I also would not just sit in random cave, waiting for my death, but would take over a house and try to make it work.

I'm also not talking about laser dinosaurs and tesla turrets, I'm talking about upgrades that actually would make for a logical progression for the situation.

Its people who are gone, not electronics, materials and "how to" books.

We have automatic turrets, magical desk that builds stuff for us and motion sensors in game and you think it would be too much to have an oven or industrial forge?

Don't know about you, but if I was to be left out in post apo world, I would try to salvage whatever I could and make it work for me, so I could have easier and possibly longer life.

I can guarantee you that if I have salvaged solar panels and batteries I would not keep making my food on regular fire, but would try to run a real kitchen.

I also would not just sit in random cave, waiting for my death, but would take over a house and try to make it work.

I'm also not talking about laser dinosaurs and tesla turrets, I'm talking about upgrades that actually would make for a logical progression for the situation.

We have automatic turrets, magical desk that builds stuff for us and motion sensors in game and you think it would be too much to have an oven or industrial forge?

I agree with you

What you say applies more to real life. Sure, in a real-life apocalypse, it might be a little easier to make food with something other than a campfire, but I would not go into the incredible effort to recreate a modern electric stove unless I was sure that there were no more pressing issues, like zombies. Basically, at that point, it's no longer a survival game, its a game about progressing technology for the sake of progressing technology. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but it certainly is not 7DTD.

In real life, there would be conveniences like espresso makers, massage chairs, vacuum cleaners, microwaves, toothpaste, and so on, and maybe you would actually use those. However, in the game, cooking and crafting is already so convenient(just a few button presses) those relatively frivolous items would have no meaning in the actual game mechanics.

I don't know if you got this, but when I said "I don't see why its a waste to keep the electrical stuff at a primitive level. It would take even more effort to add the extra stuff." I was referring to the devs programming that stuff in, not building it in-game.

Archived