how to increase the the amount of ore underground

Dauthiatull

I would like to know what to edit in what xml to increase the chance and amount of ores

not iron so much since I always find enough to rebuild every ship sunk during both world wars.

Im calking coal, nitrate ect.

Im only looking to increase the underground ore

also is there a way to remove the surface ore.

I would like to know what to edit in what xml to increase the chance and amount of ores

not iron so much since I always find enough to rebuild every ship sunk during both world wars.

Im calking coal, nitrate ect.

Im only looking to increase the underground ore

also is there a way to remove the surface ore.

Everything for that will be in the biomes.xml

Small snippet:

<layer depth="4" blockname="snow_2" > <resource blockname="gravelPlusIron" cluster="1" prob="0.071" rwgGenerationType="all" /> </layer>
			<layer depth="3" blockname="dirt" > <resource blockname="clay" cluster="1" prob="0.2" rwgGenerationType="all" /> <resource blockname="gravelPlusIron" cluster="1" prob="0.811" rwgGenerationType="all" /> </layer>
			<layer depth="*" blockname="stone" >
				<resource blockname="ironOre" cluster="1" prob="0.1130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="gravelPlusIron" cluster="1" prob="0.8130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="silverOre"  cluster="1" prob="0.00030" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="goldOre"    cluster="1" prob="0.00020" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="diamondOre" cluster="1" prob="0.00010" rwgGenerationType="all" />
			</layer>

Adjust the prob="" values and cluster="" if you want. They have provided a brief explanation on what the cluster="" does.

Everything for that will be in the biomes.xml

Small snippet:

<layer depth="4" blockname="snow_2" > <resource blockname="gravelPlusIron" cluster="1" prob="0.071" rwgGenerationType="all" /> </layer>
			<layer depth="3" blockname="dirt" > <resource blockname="clay" cluster="1" prob="0.2" rwgGenerationType="all" /> <resource blockname="gravelPlusIron" cluster="1" prob="0.811" rwgGenerationType="all" /> </layer>
			<layer depth="*" blockname="stone" >
				<resource blockname="ironOre" cluster="1" prob="0.1130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="gravelPlusIron" cluster="1" prob="0.8130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="silverOre"  cluster="1" prob="0.00030" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="goldOre"    cluster="1" prob="0.00020" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="diamondOre" cluster="1" prob="0.00010" rwgGenerationType="all" />
			</layer>

Adjust the prob="" values and cluster="" if you want. They have provided a brief explanation on what the cluster="" does.

I thought as much but I tried setting the coal in the plains area to .8130 and made a new map. using creative mode and god mode I spent 2 hours mining out huge areas being sure to do it under the gravel and found 0 coal. yet when I went to the burnt zone (which I left untouched) I found huge veins within seconds.

seems there might be something else effecting the ore rates. maybe its hardcodded?

I thought as much but I tried setting the coal in the plains area to .8130 and made a new map. using creative mode and god mode I spent 2 hours mining out huge areas being sure to do it under the gravel and found 0 coal. yet when I went to the burnt zone (which I left untouched) I found huge veins within seconds.

seems there might be something else effecting the ore rates. maybe its hardcodded?

Not that I'm aware of.

One thing you may or may not know is the desert in vanilla has actually 3 biomes in it.

You have 1 main biome and 2 additional sub biomes.

1 thing you can do as a test is change the surface layer terrain of one of the sub biomes in the desert to a different terrain.

<layers>
<layer depth="1" blockname="[color="#FFFF00"]desertGround[/color]" /> 
       <layer depth="22" blockname="sandStone" />
<layer depth="*" blockname="sandStone" >
	<resource blockname="leadOre" cluster="1" prob="0.1030" rwgGenerationType="all" /> 
               <resource blockname="oilDeposit" cluster="1" prob="0.1130" rwgGenerationType="all" /> 
       </layer>
<layer depth="3" blockname="bedrock" />
</layers>

change one to burnt terrain blocks to see how it lays them out.

Then insert your coal into that biome.

<layers>
<layer depth="1" blockname="[color="#FFFF00"]burntForestGround[/color]" /> 
       <layer depth="5" blockname="sandStone" /> 
               <resource blockname="[color="#FFFF00"]gravelPlusCoal[/color]" cluster="1" prob="[color="#FFFF00"]0.1[/color]" rwgGenerationType="all" />
       </layer>
       <layer depth="17" blockname="sandStone" />
	<resource blockname="leadOre" cluster="1" prob="0.1030" rwgGenerationType="all" /> 
               <resource blockname="oilDeposit" cluster="1" prob="0.1130" rwgGenerationType="all" /> 
       </layer>
</layers>

Setting it up like the above ^ you should see a section of the desert that has patches of burnt ground with gravel patches. dig 1 layer down in those gravel patches and you should see patches of coal here and there with a chance on every layer for 5 layers down.

edit: with the way I set it up you may or may not see those gravel patches but just dig 1 layer down and spawn in an auger you should start hitting coal.

Not that I'm aware of.

One thing you may or may not know is the desert in vanilla has actually 3 biomes in it.

You have 1 main biome and 2 additional sub biomes.

1 thing you can do as a test is change the surface layer terrain of one of the sub biomes in the desert to a different terrain.

<layers>
<layer depth="1" blockname="[color="#FFFF00"]desertGround[/color]" /> 
       <layer depth="22" blockname="sandStone" />
       </layer>
</layers>

change one to burnt terrain blocks to see how it lays them out.

Then insert your coal into that biome.

<layers>
<layer depth="1" blockname="[color="#FFFF00"]burntForestGround[/color]" /> 
       <layer depth="5" blockname="sandStone" /> 
               <resource blockname="[color="#FFFF00"]gravelPlusCoal[/color]" cluster="1" prob="[color="#FFFF00"]0.1[/color]" rwgGenerationType="all" />
       </layer>
       <layer depth="17" blockname="sandStone" />
       </layer>
</layers>

Setting it up like the above ^ you should see a section of the desert that has patches of burnt ground with gravel patches. dig 1 layer down in those gravel patches and you should see patches of coal here and there with a chance on every layer for 5 layers down.

edit: with the way I set it up you may or may not see those gravel patches but just dig 1 layer down and spawn in an auger you should start hitting coal.

might do some testng when I have time

thing is I dont want to add coal to biome that didnt already have it.

also it seems that most biomes have sub biomes which can look the same on the surface. while changing the surface to test I would have to change it back and create a new map since the underground resources are only created om map generation I believe

might do some testng when I have time

thing is I dont want to add coal to biome that didnt already have it.

also it seems that most biomes have sub biomes which can look the same on the surface. while changing the surface to test I would have to change it back and create a new map since the underground resources are only created om map generation I believe

Yep, it'll require multiple write overs to check each adjustments you make.

Good thing is, you can just use a nave game to do this and it should speed things up a bit.

Archived