Constant Fog

Rambojoz

Clear your cache - the weather is supposed to change regularly but if it's getting stuck on one type of weather (which tends to happen when playing for several hours at a time), shut down completely and leave your console with the power turned off for at least 5 minutes to clear the cache. When you load in, it should be sunny again.

Hi Rambojoz,

This issue is one the team are aware of and appears to be related to the weather effects doubling up, and as Damselx1 mentioned, it can also get stuck on one type of weather.

Clearing the cache as Damselx1 described above is the best method for resetting the weather effects. While I know it may not be ideal, it is the most effective workaround while the team are working on finding a solution to this issue.

Could you please tell me what type of game you are playing (single, multiplayer, splitscreen), how old the save is and if you notice if any particular areas trigger the effect?

Thank you,

Clare

Hi Rambojoz,

This issue is one the team are aware of and appears to be related to the weather effects doubling up, and as Damselx1 mentioned, it can also get stuck on one type of weather.

Clearing the cache as Damselx1 described above is the best method for resetting the weather effects. While I know it may not be ideal, it is the most effective workaround while the team are working on finding a solution to this issue.

Could you please tell me what type of game you are playing (single, multiplayer, splitscreen), how old the save is and if you notice if any particular areas trigger the effect?

Thank you,

Clare

Hi Clare

I have the same problem but also with snow? It will snow and then foggy weather and after 5 minutes it will snow again.

Ps4

Online private multiplayer

The save file is 2 weeks old.

After horde night it cleared out a little but then the snow began again.

Hi Oxymoron,

I believe this is the same issue where the effects overlap and it also sound like there is also an issue with you not getting any break / clear skies.

Could you confirm for me what biome you are in? Or does that make a difference?

If you clear the cache, do you get any respite from this, if so, how long is it before effects roll in again?

Clare

Oxymoron - Glad that helped, please do let me know if it keeps occurring for you.

Rambojoz - I am sorry the clearing of the cache did not help your save. Usually 5 mins powered down completely and unplugged is enough to clear the cache and reset the weather.

Are you on Random Gen or Navezgane? If on Random Gen, please also give the save name (case sensitive) so we can ensure we're on the same map.

When you start a new save, is there anything you notice in common in what you're doing when the fog occurs and does not leave?

Do you have distance terrain turned on or off in the options?

What type of save are you playing?

Could you also confirm for me what console you are on?

Clare

• 9 months later...

Hey,

Just a quick question about constant fog on random gen and Navezgane maps for PS4. My partner and I play couch co-op and pretty much after 2 in game days we cant see more than 5ft in front of us due to a thick fog.

I have cleared the cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the game and we still have the same issue. Is there a way to fix this or is it something we just have to deal with as we love the game but this puts a real damper on the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks y_soap_74 I have the distant terrain turned off at the moment as it makes the game really laggy when playing split screen co-op as it has to load in two different screens and gets messy.

I will try it but as of yet we still have had no luck fixing this issue :(.

Archived