Epiphany

4sheetzngeegles

Epiphany This is my first draft raw The abridged version is at bottom of post

I have an idea, this just came to me, its actually an idea inspired by, everyone and every post that i have read in the forum.

For me, any input is information, +/-, indifferent, even the absence of a response to a question or statement.

"The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence"

Its pure unbiased observation, that is the reason my questions are seemingly nonsequitur.

First i'll show how this is everyones idea and rep needs to be both paid forward and round robin to all for this.

Supporting-Bullet-Points:

Whether intentional or not this game now covers a greater spectum/scope of gaming genre "plural", than most in this

iteration "generation cycle". Validation: The passionate debates, of perceived valuation and/or devaluation of a

particular playstyle. Many, many, many, pages have ensued and been covered, since I joined the forum. Genre that is.

It has become a pretty solid platform, a strong foundation, for expandability, not only showing what You can do,

but written in such a way to allow You to do it, (if you choose). Validation: Modders, take a bow now, many genre

are represented in the core of the Mods. Medieval Mod, doesn't even deal with Zombies directly, but can and does

conceptually support, PVP/PVE/COOP Factions etc. Branched from Vanilla core. GnaMod simplifies the base building aspect and

focuses on battle and it still has strong viability, Because of the "Vanilla core". Thanks for the assist.

OK you can sit down now.

I mean no offense and or slight, to any one not mentioned, I needed examples that were

al punto, 'iilaa alnuqta, k tochke, ポイントへ, to the point. Plus I abhor typing,

something is always bound to get lost in the translation or interpretation.

7DTD Vanilla core, though strong, solid, and now more resolute in regards to the game creator's original concept. Can

not alone, unequivocally support, all equally, proven in all of the prior contention posts . AT this point.

To any respondant that would beg to differ i would ask one favor of proof.

I will pick a random spot, and I want them to Make a tree: not plant, transplant, draw, or post one.

To use a colloquialism, I am no fanboi. I dislike the fact of bugs, and performance issues as much as "is necessary" WIINNNDOWWWWSSSS

the difference from a personal viewpoint, is do i have the option to at least try to fix it to my own satisfaction.

The coding medium used, the responses from the developers; The support of others in the forum that have dealt with

a particular problem prior. Personal time given to help me progress passed my own naivete. My answer is always Truck Yeah.

I hope for extreme longevity for Joel,and TFP. But even if/when this particular game

is gone the way of the DODO bird. I can still come back to it and do something new. Thats a Legacy in the making.

Joel, TFP, Modders, basic Forum subscribers, silent guests, those still with us, and those we've lost. I applaude you.

To any on the outside, that just wish to tear down a foundation just because they didn't/don't/can't/won't share in the

development process. I will paraphrase. "Fuggemall", "and the high horse they rode in on".

Sorry, tirade and all.

The epiphany:

Apply valuation, to everything a player posseses/does in game, include experience, level, time played, and make it cumulative with every other player on the playfield. "Misery loves company so to speak" "an all inclusive weighted average" "not gamestages" The entire game, Not just the 7th day will progress at your pace, newbie no setting change necessary, nomad same same, HARD CORE

mayabe change weighted average. In the end becomes plug and play experience custom taylored for each person, and or group, or combination of the two. With out giving the Techs and devs agida. Dudes/ladies/undecided did I forget anyone. Im sure plenty of times that glass "not the contents" has looked very inviting.

I may have missed a few parmeters, "My bad" Use this value to increase, the world spawn frequency, AI attributes,

sense retension time of the AI, and destructive power. The advantage is using the amount of player ids as an element would make it automatically scaleable

1 person scale to activity, 2 scale, 30 etc. so instead of micromanaging, the game can just be played. The ratings on the server

list can go by absolute quantity for where difficulty is at that point. And for all player areas, have them attacked, absolutely, unequivocally,

and completely, without bias. Hit and run, logoff commandos, beware, your base is not exempt. Ill explain further down.

Illustration: server starts, Clear blue skys, nearly but nekked, the occasional invisble bird chirps in the distance, game life is good "considering";

everyone can run around like its trah lalah la lodidy day. make lots of onehit poptops, the occasional roamer and basic POI spawn,

Then construction begins, all block damage and build and booty claimed and hoarded used and sold, done by players, intantly added

to the pooled/weighted average. I've read multiple times so their is no denying, a lot of players in one way or another, are really

concerned about getting that booty. And this is compounded by the desire to have their booty well balanced. Understandable.

Day 2: What a few more roamers, where are they coming from? "Things that make you go HMMM" spawn frequency has increased because

of all individual activities, of all individuals. It took two swipes to twist a cap back this time. Ehh my aim must be off, yeah that's

it; accompanied by a bit of nervous laughter. But the loot quality has progressed a bit in frequency and Value.

So for those that choose to min/max day 2 is proportionally goin to be a proverbial Female collie with teeth. Those that progress in

a linear, fashion the game will steadily progress with intensity at proportionately. This will allow you to hone your suvival skills

however you choose to work on them.

Day 3: By now you get the point.

Fade to black

Day 7: The cornerstone of this game. Literally all hell will break loose. Depending upon the weighted value of users activities on the servers,

some servers and/or lanparties, and/or singleplayers, will catch 50 shades of said Hell equally , proportionately, and absolutely.

Instead of an area spawner lockout, the Hordespawner adjusts the volume and frequency of all area spawners within a specific diameter/radius whichever's clever,

of all player Bases. Spawn will come from all directions instead of a a single. Head on a swivel. It does not stop until, 4:30am period.

A continuous, unrelentless, barrage of the undead focused on making your life Naught. Kiting, Eh good luck with that, they are equally, after you and all your stuff.

Better to stay put and protect your loot. I posted a pimp dream prior regarding a new prefab, tied into all of the master build blocks.

The end result this would be in vanilla mind you, so servers would benefit from this and not do into the modded section. A single ai string,

even w mutex bits included, is limited. Multiple and varied AI tasks allow for a more what's the word, immersive, experience. Some may be tasked with

player priority, while others are tasked with, player block and loot priority. Time to build a better mousetrap for real. Or just click that broken

glass. In the beginning, while learning the game, I didn't know that was a thing and clicked eat out of curiosity, nuff said.

Stilts woldn't do it.

Some rules

Im not as clever as i would like to be, and im willing to admit it, so I thought of some possible rules for the clever people.

Server/MP mainly, SP some rules may apply.

1 To build a structurally sound base a foundation block MUST be placed.

2 The only type of player block placed outside of the Foundation blocks control area, is nonupgradeable, wood, all else will go poof or cant be plced

according to trader poi ruleset. It will keep the weather out, but might as well be TP to zombies. This does not exclude anyone from beautification projects.

I have seen some really unique, imaginative prefabs. Just place block, and use the paintbrush clone texture button.

3 Servermanager power:

Nukem command: for hit and run griefer commandoes, who leave a server, 7th day, chat server admin, if accepted, they lock your base, it's instantly taken

from the pool, all is fine in the world. Normal weighted average resumes, corrected, kill, kill, kill, WTF im dead. Hope i get back before my base is demolished.

Run Forrest Run. On the opposite end, a clever person logs off, weighted average instantly drops, of all except loot table. servermanager hits nukem on your id

well that's pretty self explanatory, and will be self evident when or if you log back on, Nearly nekked again, with a jar of water again, and some ointment for your bruised ego. Yeah but ive still got my base, what base, loot what loot. Was Zum Teufel, Wut Verlassen! all is right in this world again "considering".

Gazz you were right, google translate is fun. Still loses some stuff in translation but fun.

PVP isn't left out in the least, Why weighted balance, includes everybody, when it comes to loot potential, and Like "myth" Casualty, Casualty. in all genre

it would promote, real world emulation of co-dependence for survival, clan fomation becomes viable, Close proximity bases, good neighbor policy, double dealing, backtabbing, sneakthiefing. Then you will have a real PVP game. There are more rules, but both you and I are tired. You get the idea, and can expand. You have the foundation.

The game will play as intensely as you do. How many days can you survive? This way vision remains clear, Vanilla learns french, Mods are still viable, 10 20 30

years from now, others emulate the platform, QOL gaming, progresses. TFP keep pushing the envelope, but keep the vision pure and resolute.

Final statement considering how small the dev team is.

Never have so many owed so much to so few and vice versa.

Dont take it to seriously

PS. I just wrote this just 4sheetzngeegles.

Some days I have ideas about things, some days I try to put it together, I mostly fail because I have a short term memory, and just can't put together those ideas, because I just don’t have the concentration and memory to do so

I like your post, there’s a lot…

Oh look there’s a doggy, it’ll fight then on the beaches

Can I use the same pickle you’re using in my sandwich also?

Abridged Verson; Thanks Data

Epiphany Abridged version

I have an idea that is a compilation from posts spanning back to approximately A15.b.105. It was inspired by everyone. I read the posts to gain personal insight. For me, any input is information, +/-, indifferent, even the absence of a

response to a question or statement.

Each genre/playstyle has its own core rules, but some overlap.

If it can be written, it may cover many of the repeated concerns i've read about.

1 Balanced loot---both quality and quantity.

2 Progressive AI

3 Spawning control (Sleepers)

4 Incentive (Passive)

5 Long game play

6 Regulation for fair gameplay

7 Realism to a degree

8 Fun

9 Replay value (Passive)

10 Content (opens availability)

11 Flexibility

12 Contoured to personal playstyle "Vanilla"

13 More concise Server controls (Active)

14 Griefer protection (Active)

15 Skill progression

As far as ive seen, no one game has completely covered every genre. This platform is pretty close. Thats why I bought it.

Presently each of the control algorithms work independently of the others. I propose a world governing algorithm. Base it off all activity. This would help with balancing, skill progression, playstyle contour, Ai progression, loot without a constant rewrite per iteration/alpha.

Some or the constants/variables/controllers:

1 Quantity of players logged in Used for balanced average, tied to player activity

2 Player activity, this is tied to world value because they build, destroy, kill, plant, harvest, but also includes

combined skill level per individual and community/used to create a floating average. new players skill level is not

included in calculation until they reach the minimum on that particular server.

3 World value +/- includes blocks, blocks are damaged, destroyed, and placed. The blocks that count are only those

within the foundation block control area. This is control against people just dumping blocks all over the world to

artificially raise levels. The only type of player block placed outside of the Foundation blocks control area, is nonupgradeable, wood, all else cant be placed according to the trader poi ruleset.

4 LootBank This is Value of all players loot attained, (stored, consumed acts as reduction minimum) cumulative for all

players on/off line.

What these will affect

Spawn,quantity,frequency.

Entity attributes,str,speed,resistance,special abilities unlocked.

Armor buffs per tier. Special buffs unlocked.

loot table chance,quality,quantity.

7th day horde/ entity quantity, entity variation, level of difficulty. Literally all hell will break loose. Instead of

an area spawner lockout, the Hordespawner adjusts the volume and frequency of all area spawners within a specific

diameter/radius. Benfit, as all players fight, so does the intensity automatically raise in proportion. Depending on

enemy dispatch speed, 7th day battles, can escalate to Epic battles.

It is basically an automated ecosystem, based on all your life choices, and decisions in game. So each server community

no matter the playstyle gets a propotionate change in all of the above tasks automatically in Vanilla Core.

Just a thought. If created, its a modular rollover, so it can go from alpha to alpha, leaving more time for all of the

other concerns

Archived