Motion Sensors and Televisions

crazy8s

I've been thinking about this for quite some time. I know there are mods out there that you can do this. But with the advent of generators and electricity that got added into the game with I think this patch that we are currently on Alpha 16.4. I've been thinking about this for a long time. With the motion sensors basically acting as cameras I thought, wouldn't it be cool if it were actually in the game where you would have your motion sensors set up and actually be active cameras that you could wire into your base to a television mounted on the wall.

Of course the motion sensor and the TV would have to be powered from the generator but they would have to be linked from the generator to the motion sensor, and from the motion sensor to the television to get the picture on the screen. So if your motion sensor goes off it automatically turns on the television set that it's connected to so you can see what's going on outside. Also you could pair it to the speaker to get the alarm, then run the alarm wire to the television so when the alarm would sound the tv comes on. Or if you don't want the alarm sounding because yes I find them annoying as all hell. But I was thinking about this concept for a long time. Yes I know there are mods out there to do this but I think it would be a pretty good set up to add into the game itself.

Note, I know its not a huge thing just a graphics thing. But it would be pretty sweet.

I would love to see cctv implemented!

I think there might be some problems with the implementation though. What if the camera is far away from every player. What if it is situated in a region of the map that is not loaded. Should you be able to see through the camera anyway? Should the map load every time you watch? Should it always stay loaded around a camera?

I would love to see cctv implemented!

I think there might be some problems with the implementation though. What if the camera is far away from every player. What if it is situated in a region of the map that is not loaded. Should you be able to see through the camera anyway? Should the map load every time you watch? Should it always stay loaded around a camera?

You can technically see through the camera, how ever it would be better enlarged on the tv. It doesn't exactly have to be perfect. It would be simply like the monitors coming on with a picture showing what is on the camera. The tvs have been in the game for quite some time since electricity came into play there should have been a use for them even with static but nope nothing. How ever even if its a picture outside that would be okay until zombies and or a player comes into view of the cameras. So it would be basically like closed circuit tv. There are games out there that actually have this function. It actually doesn't look too bad.

Archived