Endless zombie mode? How do I do it?

AiRJacobs

In short, I want to play Nomadic, but it's too boring at the moment.

I hear you can set the game to constantly spawn wandering hordes that will follow you or be near you at all times. It doesn't have to be massive hordes. It could just be a max of 8 zombies at any given time. Imagine a never ending Blood Moon, but with just a few zombies. Can someone please explain to me how to do this? What files to modify? What lines? Thanks!

I found this line of code posted in another thread, but I have no idea how to use it (what file to put it in). It seems like exactly what I've been searching for.

Constant Horde

<spawn respawndelay=".05" time="Any" TotalAlive="8" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn respawndelay=".02" time="Any" TotalAlive="8" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay=".006" time="Any" TotalAlive="8" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

Constant Horde

<spawn respawndelay=".05" time="Any" TotalAlive="8" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn respawndelay=".02" time="Any" TotalAlive="8" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay=".006" time="Any" TotalAlive="8" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

I don't have a clue either, but respawndelay seems like the best place to start experimenting. Try respawndelay="0.00" and see what happens. :)

- P

AirJacobs

**** Thats what i posted

Put it in the spawning.xml for each of the spawners. But you may want to reduce the total alive and tweak it. spawner areamasters are

approx 80 blocks apart. so running and running you will soon have 60 entities. I can upload my config folder if you want to look at it and compare in notepade++. If used in combination with sleeper awareness, you will be tired after a few bouts.

Which spawner specifically? I'm new to this. I assume you mean the Biome Spawning section? Or do you mean literally every single spawner? My goal is basically to get the same effect as the Blood Moon horde, except it will be endless, with only about 4-8 zombies alive at any given time, with gradually increasing difficulty as I level up.

Thanks! I was able to set the max amount of zombies to 60, just for the hell of it. However, since the area is spread so large, most of them just walk aimlessly, so I only have to encounter about 4. Is there a way to set them to always target me, as if it was a blood moon horde? Also, how do I set the amount of sleepers? I want to max it out.

Ok, got your message give me a bit to get rid of my Goober edits and write instructions. I will up load and post link. Its not really a mod just adjustments more focused on Nomadic. Ill include my resource assets and block texture file also. To get what you are asking you cant do it with one change all have to mesh for it to be cool. posting soon.:smile-new:

AirJacobs

Here is the link: https://mega.nz/#!FPIw3CLS!al_llW-xSTBz1lFOmYgriR23Aiio9ij2WqAtZQ5InJ8

Its a zipped file includes my config folder,resource assets file,blocktextures file, umaplayer, and assembly-csharp.dll Readme file

Each one ties in to the other to complete theme.

Have fun, After the copy and pastes are done, Test it in Navesgane, If you like it then Rwg it.

Remember this was done just 4sheetzngeegles

The basic foundation is easy any one can customize theirs according to how well they despense the walking dead.

My math was based on 120 min days, There are 1440 minutes in a day in and out game. The spawners are set at 1,4, and 7 days ingame respawn

mine are set at 8.5 mins 17 and 28 min ingame with 8 entities being spawned. This is per spawnareamaster, so staying put if my sphere of influence is starting dead center of one area i get min 24 spawned in 2min 15 seconds real time, but since not all at once i dont get a major fps dip. But if I run around like a headless chicken, I cause the spawn of the max, supported 60, only on my higher pc is that cool.

So this also acts as adecision helper, clear an area, clean house move on or pay penalty, being completely overun just like in the movies.

Thats my goal. And unless a major change happens to allowed syntax in entity classes. I can roll this over and take advantage of the new smarter AI.

Helpful Formula

The formula I use so far

1 Spawning 3 phase replenish quantity 5-8, 8min/17min/28min ingame. in each biome spawner.

2 "Tin's Mod" "The Dying lands" Ent/class use mechanim states. Increase awake awareness sight distance to 500. lower light visibility to 1 above night outside. Increase chase memory to 120sec. Increase sound sensitivity for sleepers.

"lower xp kills to 1/10th value"

3 make all decoys,1hpchance,2hpchance 0 probability.

4 Add vultures, to ZombiesAll group.

5 Dominate desert and wasteland with dogs,wolves,bears,vultures.

6 Timids only come out at night.

7 Set AItask for all to attack unlike kind.

8 Vulture AI use Hornet controller instead.

9 set stay after death to 3 seconds instead of 30 for zombie body. Lower carcas value to within 1 hit removal.

Archived