can't pick up wood frames

Warpspawn

hi clare

not sure whats happening, but i was playing console creative, random gen, enemy disabled, 120 min days, no air drops, blocks set to 25, i am trying out different base designs, build it, turn on high spawn, see what happens, can it and myself survive.

last night i was changing a high piece of the wall using wood frame scaffolding as usual, after the change was made, i found that i could no longer interact with the wood frames and had to destroy them to get down, i tried placing some more frames but i can't interact with them anymore, i can place them, upgrade them, destroy them, but can't pick them up.

i've tried destroying a stack then making new, still can't pick them up, is this a glitch,

so far i've tried quitting, deleting the local saved game, restarting the game, resetting the continue options, but still can't pick them up.

suggestions please, can i do anything through the creative mode ?

i'll continue building, but it's just a little annoying, and probably dangerous to keep destroying blocks under my feet.

It will probably be another day before clare gets on. She normally don't get on during the weekends.

I could be wrong as it has been awhile but I think creative has two kinds of wood frames and one of them you can't pick up. Try using the other one. If this isn't true please ignore this like I said it has been awhile.

Edit: it had me thinking so i had to jump on and see lol. Creative does have 2 different wood frames.

1: (295) wood frame. This is the one that you craft in inventory in regular game and can be picked up.

2: (375) solid wood frame block. My guess is either this block is part of the map on a building or something and was not crafted and can't be picked up. Or it is part of what was crafted and it is what was upgraded and when destroyed it goes back to normal wood frame look but just like regular game once upgraded and broke back down it can't be picked up. So either way you look at it this one can't be picked up.

So make sure on any of the blocks that normally can be picked back up that it doesn't have the word solid in it.

Hope this helps if it is something else I have no clue.

had the same thought so dropped the stack and crafted 20 wood frames, put 1 down, no pick up icon, tried all 20 in different locations then i remembered that i had used some to mark out an area, so went there, i can get the pick up icon, but they can't be picked up. my bag was almost empty other than ammo,drink and wood.

so after a little experimentation i've found that it's only wood frames that are affected, ramps. wedges, rebar frames can all be picked up (i forgot about scrap frames during experiment, oops! my bad). looks like i'll be using rebar scaffolding for now

Interesting, so even deleting it and starting over still does not work? When I jumped on to look at what I said it was letting me. So if isn't working for you not sure what triggered this and not sure what to say. Only suggestion I can say is making sure to clear your cache if that doesn't work try deleting the game off system and putting it back on. But I would hold off another day and see what clare has to say.

thank for trying to help

i think the wife's right about my memory going, i forgot to say that i'm playing on xbox one.

this wood frame thing is'nt a game breaker, but if it starts happening to other blocks then it could be a problem.

i shall keep building and see what happens, defense works, only real damage was cause by the jerky controller aiming system, next what crazy structure i can construct

Hi Warpspawn - I'm sorry to hear that the wood frames are still no behaving as they should. Thank you for detailing what you've tried - and thank you crazywildfire for helping.

Damselx1's similar issues are exactly what came to mind when I read your post and exactly what I was going to suggest - Please try clearing the cache (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins) to see if that helps you at all?

If it doesn't, please let me know if it was only this save that was effected, and what kind of tools and weapons you were using around the time you noticed this being an issue?

Thank you,

Clare

hi clare

Damselx1's cure worked, after a hard reset, i could pick the frames up, i even went back to the other area and collected the frames there.

after about an hour building, i got kicked to the main screen, so i did the work around, clear local save, etc, but regrettably hit the delete everywhere tab not the console only button and wiped the whole world out, oh well! start again.

but when the problem started i had iron pickaxe, sniper rifle, shotgun, machete, spiked club, 150 wood frames and 20 stainless steel half blocks on tool belt, 150 rounds of .762, 128 shotgun slugs, 6 bottled water ,3 beers, some scrap iron and stone in backpack.

i had just destroyed some wedge blocks and replaced them with the half blocks when i tried to get down then i noticed i could'nt pick then up.

hope this info is useful

thank you Damselx1 and Clare for your help

Thank you for those details Warpspawn, I shall pass then onto the team.

I'm sorry your save is gone, but glad you're going to start again. If it does happen in this new save, please let me know, but hopefully it does not.

Thanks again and happy surviving in your new world!

Clare

Archived