EAC ban for modded sniper scope

Laserman

Hi! I got EAC block for changing my zoom mode of sniper rifle.

I made everything was described here

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/88

and tried to join the servers.

I got messages :

unknown.jpg.c79b4deb7c51a2485dd79b4264ce6084.jpg

After 3-4 attempts i changed scope back and only then i can connect to servers.

And today i see a message from EAC, where they say that my acc is locked.

What happened and why am i banned?

P.S. played this game sinse 2015, never used hacks.

Output log:

https://pastebin.com/6qnNzABT

Well - many servers have EAC enabled for occasions where people try to cheat.

EAC on that server is thinking you're trying to cheat and therefore you've gotten banned. That is why when you took the scope back out you were able to log in... Is that logical or make sense?

Technically many servers have EAC disabled too... You should be able to play on those...

Technically you want to have the exact same files/mods that any server has.

I also think some server managers have some 'anti-cheat' abilities within them... So you maybe able to join a server that has EAC disabled, but there maybe a server manager running... Then when you try to add the scope mod and it doesn't have it - the server may kick you...

Apparently EAC has a tough policy... Contact them https://www.easy.ac/

Well from what I understand they 'added the mod' to their files and joined a server they have no control of, and apparently its an EAC server.

"2018-06-25T18:08:40 67.586 INF [NET] Kicked from server: EAC ban - Banned"

So - to the EAC on the server it would seem to be a 'hack'/'cheat' of sorts. My guess is since the files didn't match that's why they got kicked and banned.

Only after removing the mod:

"After 3-4 attempts i changed scope back and only then i can connect to servers."

And - "EAC System" hasn't registered the 'kick/ban' so...

On 'the next day':

"And today i see a message from EAC, where they say that my acc is locked."

So technically yes, it is only a mod but the EAC system didn't/doesn't know the difference. But now the OP has to jump through hoops to 'recover' his account/login abilities with servers that have EAC enabled.

Again ... EAC does *not* ban for modding. If he's banned now that's for using hacks/cheat tools, not for that mod. Getting "INF [NET] Kicked from server: EAC ban - Banned" while using a mod does not mean the ban is for that mod. That's what the integrity violation of the first screenshot is for: Blocking you from playing on EAC protected servers with such mods. But no ban.

EAC is not meant to punish modders.

PS: Sorry, have to be so blunt, but want to make sure that there's no misconception starting from such threads that modding was an issue that could potentially lead to EAC bans (which again, it does not!) :)

This particular mod requires editing resources.assets, which is the file listed in message. It's pretty much common sense to not play on EAC servers when you have made modifications to the .assets files.

OP ignored the warning messages, and got himself banned. The only thing that's an issue here is ignoring the warnings.

As Alloc clearly stated, EAC doesn't ban for modding, it bans for having modified asset files that could allow cheating on servers. This would pertain to files that are not synced from the servers like the XML data is. Core client files like the .exe and .assets files are primarily what are checked for corruption/modification.

You received several warnings telling you exactly what the issue was, and you ignored them.

If you wish to try to reverse it, then you can contact EAC. They have a special page for it even. Good luck though, because they are rarely reversed.

As Alloc clearly stated, EAC doesn't ban for modding, it bans for having modified asset files that could allow cheating on servers.

And another time: NO!

EAC does not apply any bans for mods. That includes mods to asset files. It bans for using hack/cheat tools ONLY.

Archived