Electricity.

ryoendymon

Please pimps, give us a way to connect multiple energy sources.

As it stands, a generator (gas) with 6 600 engines in it will generate 600 Watts of power.

A solar bank with 6 600 cells in it will generate 180 Watts.

Please add a craftable item to allow (for example) 3 banks to flow through one wire to give us access to 540 Watts of power.

To balance it, maybe make us have to craft a heavy guage wire instead of having infinite free wire.

I would like to have more power as well. Sometimes they do not generate enough to power my whole big base.

Another solution would be to increase the number of engines and solar cells that can be put inside a generator or solar bank. Just increase it from 6 to 12 and we'll be fine! ;)

A new item or a change in the relays could be implemented to stick together all the energy sources.

Example 1:

I want a battery bank charged by generator and solar panels:

[table=width: 400, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Generator[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Solar Panels[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]Relay[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Battery Bank 1[/td]

[td]Battery Bank 2[/td]

[td]Battery Bank 3[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Example 2:

Powering multiple generators

[table=width: 400, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Generator 1[/td]

[td]Generator 2[/td]

[td]Generator 3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]Relay[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]Tons of things[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

This needs to be done

Completely agree. I'm just lazy and quote myself from another thread:

As it is, it's somewhat of a hassle to do all the wiring when you have multiple power sources to meet your requirements. Especially with the electricity bug that makes everyone lag when the power demand is greater than the supply from a solar bank. You end up having things on different circuits when in reality you could put things in parallel / series / combination. I think it would be cool to have something like a "parallel circuit panel" that has, for instance, two inputs that you could use for solar panels OR generators. Maybe voltage converters or something like that too if you wanted to put both solar panels and generators in parallel.

Or just make something like battery banks, relays etc able to have multiple inputs.

So pretty much what you guys were suggesting.

It wouldn't be so bad if the solar banks weren't so much less efficient than gas generators.

I could understand them being less (to balance their lack of need for fuel) but 180 vs 600....come on, if we cannot link them, then at least make them 50% the efficiency of the gas generator.

• 2 weeks later...

Linking power supplies would be awsome. It would be great too if every time i logged on to my mp server my battery banks werent completely discharged. Right now i have 1 solar panel hooked to 2 battery banks per circuit so i can switch which battery bank powers the circuit. Because the one that is connected is completely discharged when i logon

Archived