Generators suddenly stop on horde night then start back up after horde

xtreme97ss

This is on a Dedicated server run by GameServers. On night 42 we got shot gun turrets set up and were all ready to go for the Blood Moon, and come Blood Moon they were not working. We went down below and checked on the generators and it was supplying only 5 watts of power. Then after the main horde ended ( still night time) the generators started working and the shotgun turrets started picking off stragglers that were running in every few seconds. We thought maybe just an isolated bug. Well come day 49 we were again stoked for the shotgun turrets and we know they work because well during regular days and nights they shoot at zombies that wander in. So anyway come horde night on night 49 the generators completely stopped supplying power, and once again when the main horde was dispatched finally by all 3 of us playing the Turrets once again started firing and the generator was supplying full power again once the main horded was defeated.

I am playing on a rented server provided by Game Servers running Vanilla 7 Days Alpha 16.4 ( 68) I am curious if anyone else is having this problem. There are 3 of us that play together on this server and it is only 3 of us on this private server. I am hoping to come up with some kind of solution for this because it is very frustrating on horde night. With out the Shotgun Turrets and 3 of us on the base it makes for a very very well populated and active horde. I wonder if there is something in the XML file that might be able to be changed with the generators? Any help will be welcome.. Thank you. Oh and not that this would matter I do not think, but 2 of us are above level 144 and the new guy is level 40ish

P.S our generator always has full gas. It is just strange that at that particular time at 2200 hours or just before the Generator stop supplying power. We look at it and it shows everything is fine. The batteries are running and its using power, but its only supplying 5 watts or 0 watts of power of its Max available which is more than enough to run our 4 turrets and couple of outside lights.

Thank you again in advanced for any help.

Well a bit more information is required such as what is the max power can the genny provide? IE: If you look inside the genny you should see Max Output, what is that number?

If not a genny, then its possible you're trying to power with a solar bank all by itself... That could cause it to go inactive...

First I've heard of this issue. 2 outside lights take up 10 watts - 5 watts each and relays take 1 watt each. Turrets require ammo too, without any ammo they will track targets if they have enough power to do so. Minimum power is 15 watts each... So you're already consuming at least 70 watts... So you're genny needs to be able to supply at least 70 watts to function properly. You have a timer relay? With it set to be on all day and turn off during horde?

Is it all properly connected? There are a bunch of youtube videos on how to properly connect everything.

A detailed series of screenshots or a video showing all the important information (wiring design, engines in the generators, batteries in the battery bank if you have one, etc.) would help us troubleshoot

Maybe your battery is too weak/damaged and it can't hold enough charge through a 7th night idk without more information.

My first thought was faulty solar panel design but you didn't mention solar panels so idk.

My second thought is that you're running your generator to your battery bank and then to everything else, but your battery bank can't hold enough charge to power all of your equipment so it's acting like a funnel instead of a pipe.

when we get on to the server we will get some screenshots and what not for you all. As I said in the description the Turrets work just fine before and after horde. Infact the guy I do this server with set everything up just like he has on his SP game and he has never had one issue. We have no solar panels at all. Once the main horde is put down and all we have left are stragglers the turrets kick in and start tracking them and blowing their heads off. our engine is a 600 engine and our batteries are all around the same. Before and after horde the Genny is able to power the lights and turrets. It is just right at horde they seem to shut down. no lights, no power to turrents. Then about a little after midnight they kick back in again 2 hours or so before daylight

Everything you're describing strikes me as the weirdest situation ever and I definitely see why you're focusing so hard on thinking it's a server issue. I'm just wondering if there's one small detail that's being left out. I understand things work during the day and even at night (just not 7th night), but I'm struggling to find an explanation for that.

Everything you're describing strikes me as the weirdest situation ever and I definitely see why you're focusing so hard on thinking it's a server issue. I'm just wondering if there's one small detail that's being left out. I understand things work during the day and even at night (just not 7th night), but I'm struggling to find an explanation for that.

If everything's fine... Then it's a mod by the Admin? lol Or a real bug? Seems to fishy to me to only happen during horde nights! One single 600 engine should probably get you about 167 or so watts max power. More than enough.

If everything's fine... Then it's a mod by the Admin? lol Or a real bug? Seems to fishy to me to only happen during horde nights! One single 600 engine should probably get you about 167 or so watts max power. More than enough.

Yeah it has us stumped. I sent a ticket in to game servers to see if they have ever had this on their servers before. As for mods we have no mods at all. The only thing I did was edited some of the XML files to increase stack size of harvestables and ammo and I created a recipe. However that recipe was created after the problem first presented it self. Since I am the admin of the server I will probably tomorrow run some tests and summon a very large walking horde and see how the generator does. Then after that forward time to the next Horde night so I can pay more attention to the generators and what is going around me. If it persists, I will probably go off somewhere else build another base with summoned items to run another test on a summoned horde night. I really want to get this narrowed down.

Yeah we are struggling as well because we have the exact same set up on a SP game which works just fine. I have tried to go over everything to see if there is a small detail. I could understand a small detail being missed if the generators did not work period, but its always for the initial horde that they don't work for then a couple hours before morning they start working again to pick off stragglers. Very mind boggling lol. But like I said above, I am gonna run quite a few tests.

Archived