Lightweight Builders Mod

Buggi

While I love all the mods available for the game and have played several, the one thing I run into with many mods is the lag they introduce with huge amounts of added recipes, items, and UMA zombies.

I also wanted a mod that allowed for building large structures. I also wanted to keep early game challenging and late game hordes tough as well. We'll be using this pack on my Saturday MP 7 Days streams on my Youtube Channel.

Download v1.3 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10pStmWJ-167y70_rL0oW6li8zl-WG0SH

Download v1.2 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s7aVDyZnbwLwrpBrk4qk7grtL3qxutCn

Download v1.1 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lqp04UCjbfo1EO2GWDWnyOPLZETb3uZT

The mod is EAC and MP friendly, and has a minimal impact on performance. While the mod isn't for everyone, I think it has a place for those who want to build.

Primary changes:

• No more gravel. Gravel only appears roadside and on pathways.
  • Major boost to resources in the world.
  • Running speed on pavement increased, helpful for MP servers that want to avoid minibike bugs.
  • Quick Axe for terraforming
  • Diamond Axe for resource gathering
  • Weed Cleaver for clearing grass quickly
  • Steel blocks able to hold FAR more weight.
  • Wandering Hordes ... well, you'll see. :D Keeps a person on edge.
  • Guppy's Blood moon horde trickle fix
  • Late game blood moons are much harder, esp in multiplayer.
  • Traders stock AMPLE amounts of brass. Save those dukes!
  • Ignore weather all-together.
  • Silenced Sniper Rifle, silent but deadly
  • Repeater Cross bow
  • Headshot damage bonuses increased.
  • Storage increased, minibike storage increased, save all the things!
  • More wood from trees, for those scaffold systems for large structures
  • Harvest more from plants, esp on fertilized ground!
  • Large Steel Spikes have an added bonus to using them...
  • Painting only uses 1 paint, regardless of texture selected.

Again, I tried to keep the new recipes to a minimum to avoid lag.

Added Recipes:

• Beakers
  • Engines
  • Batteries
  • Plastics
  • Minibike wheels
  • Shopping Baskets
  • Steel Polish
  • Solar Cells
  • Solar Banks
  • Empty Cans
  • Mega Crush
  • Iron/Steel Arrows/Bolts can use plastic instead of feathers

Rebalanced Progression as well

• Added "Deep Breathing" perk line to swim longer, making those under-water air-drops less deadly.
  • Athletics goes up faster, as does scavenging, medicine, and weapon based levels.
  • Top tier crafting perks can craft level 600 things again.
  • Maxed out fixer + crafting repairs without loss.
  • Mining stone and dirt gives VERY little XP to prevent spam leveling. Need levels? Kill zombies.

There are other minor changes and tweaks, I'll let you find those. Again this mod set is geared for those creative people out there who don't want to use creative mode, but want to build with a little hint of danger. There are LOTS of other huge mods that add dozens or even hundreds of items, recipes, and blocks as well as class systems and such. This mod is not attempting such a grand overhaul of the game.

update 1.3

Modified paint tool to be more of a faster paint gun with longer range. (Thanks Clockwork Orange!!)

Update 1.2

• Rebalanced, again, the ore spawn. Such a major difference between cluster=0 and cluster=1.
  • Rebalanced zombie health and XP gain. Those really tough zombies are now tougher, but give loads of XP.
  • Added advanced loot as very low probability to some loot lists. (Quickaxe, DiamondAxe, Silencer, etc)
  • Upped the points given by challenges, because who does these?
  • MAJOR nerf to steel spikes... those things were WAY to OP.
  • Added small chance of potato plants in the Plains biome... look for them... and check underground too. ;D

Update 1.1

Decreased the spawn-rate of ores under the surface... yeah, even to my standards it was a bit much! :)

Enjoy!

Thanks! I'm open to ideas and suggestions, as long as they don't conflict with the heart of what the mod tries to accomplish. :)

By the end of the week I anticipate putting out a new 1.2 version with some other minor tweaks.

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much, awesome tools and weapons!!!

Haven't tried your mod yet, but I stole your tools and weapons (with their great custom icons) for my single player journeys, and I'm not sure I'll be able to play without them now. ;)

Silenced sniper is so great, crossbow repeater, wow! Weed cleaver for getting rid of large areas of grass quickly, so efficient and almost no damage to the other things that are in the way, and diamond axe is so powerful and versatile! I might even modify some of them to be even more versatile, to have less tools in the belt. Love it, thanks a bunch!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest AFR0N1NJ4

is there any way to turn off the increased speed on the roads. Its a cool concept but i would like just the normal runspeeds on the roads.

Archived