More varied loot in working stiff / shotgun Messiah crates

Brian9824

This one has bugged me for a while. Those crates are so highly demanded because their loot list is so small and filled with top tier stuff.

Why not expand the possible items that spawn in them? For instance working stiff crates could contain

Wood

Stone

Cement

Frames

Iron bars

Rebar

Cobblestone

Electrical items aka generators as rare

Etc

Shotgun Messiah crates could contain additional melee weapons, armor, nvg, etc and all potential items related to combat.

I mostly agree!

Aside from wood and stone, I do agree with the list. Those seem to be easy enough to get in the game without opening up a crate. Iron bars and, I would add forged iron, as well. I know that forged iron happens now and again, but it's one bar and those are few and far apart.

Aside from wood and stone, I do agree with the list. Those seem to be easy enough to get in the game without opening up a crate. Iron bars and, I would add forged iron, as well. I know that forged iron happens now and again, but it's one bar and those are few and far apart.

You cant always have good stuff in loot list, you need mediocre items too. Also wood and stone earlier in game when tools suck would be great find so it's still useful.

You cant always have good stuff in loot list, you need mediocre items too. Also wood and stone earlier in game when tools suck would be great find so it's still useful.

I understand where you're coming from in this, and I do agree to a point. I just believe that if this were to happen I think the game creators would over use the stone and wood idea and take advantage of it. "Well, you asked for it. Here it is. And a bunch of it."

This one has bugged me for a while. Those crates are so highly demanded because their loot list is so small and filled with top tier stuff.

Why not expand the possible items that spawn in them? For instance working stiff crates could contain

Wood

Stone

Cement

Frames

Iron bars

Rebar

Cobblestone

Electrical items aka generators as rare

Etc

Shotgun Messiah crates could contain additional melee weapons, armor, nvg, etc and all potential items related to combat.

I have already found all of that in Working Stiff crates other than the generators. As far as armor in the shotgun messiah crates, that doesn't make much sense to me. You can find melee weapons in trash or other general loot containers so not much call to have even more of them, especially to have them displacing guns from the SM crates.

You can easily loot armor from Military zombies, and I think you can get the NV goggles from them as well. Also, NVG appear in tree stumps sometimes.

I have already found all of that in Working Stiff crates other than the generators. As far as armor in the shotgun messiah crates, that doesn't make much sense to me. You can find melee weapons in trash or other general loot containers so not much call to have even more of them, especially to have them displacing guns from the SM crates.

You can easily loot armor from Military zombies, and I think you can get the NV goggles from them as well. Also, NVG appear in tree stumps sometimes.

Just because you can find military armor on a military zombie isn't a reason for it to not be in crates. You can find tools and guns off zombies yet they are also in crates. You also don't find leather armor, iron armor, etc off military zombies where it makes sense to find stuff like that in a store dealing with guns. Gun stores usually sell a variety of items aside from guns related to hunting such as knives, vests, eyewear, gloves, etc.

Also I didn't post the full list of every item, but working stiff crates can be expanded to contain so much more stuff. At present they don't contain iron bars, cobblestone, leather, etc. The odds of getting resources are skewed really low versus tools.

Just because you can find military armor on a military zombie isn't a reason for it to not be in crates. You can find tools and guns off zombies yet they are also in crates. You also don't find leather armor, iron armor, etc off military zombies where it makes sense to find stuff like that in a store dealing with guns. Gun stores usually sell a variety of items aside from guns related to hunting such as knives, vests, eyewear, gloves, etc.

Also I didn't post the full list of every item, but working stiff crates can be expanded to contain so much more stuff. At present they don't contain iron bars, cobblestone, leather, etc. The odds of getting resources are skewed really low versus tools.

So you're saying they should have melee weapons and clothing in a gun store, because body armor is a lot harder to get than walking into your local sporting goods store.

As for the crates, that is how they should be. Tools are harder to get before you have skills to make them, and for instance if you never find a wrench because of RWG junk building supplies appear instead, you will never have a workbench, and you can never make a wrench. Building materials are so easy to come by it's really worth removing them from all loot just to make it so you find more important items.

Might be just my opinion, but it's probably facts.

So you're saying they should have melee weapons and clothing in a gun store, because body armor is a lot harder to get than walking into your local sporting goods store.

As for the crates, that is how they should be. Tools are harder to get before you have skills to make them, and for instance if you never find a wrench because of RWG junk building supplies appear instead, you will never have a workbench, and you can never make a wrench. Building materials are so easy to come by it's really worth removing them from all loot just to make it so you find more important items.

That is the precise reason WHY it should be changed. Tools are easy to come by but they should be rarer. I can play entire games and not even bother with tool crafting because all I need to do is raise my scavenging and quality joe and go loot a working stiff and i'll get all the tools I need.

Now stuff like cloth, leather armor, etc is INCREDIBLY rare to find, and it would make more sense to add those into more loot lists.

Even local gun stores in my stupidly liberal state carry body armor, as do local surplus stores. Finding armor isn't that hard at all in real life. It seems to reason that if the idea behind Shotgun Messiah is a "gun store" or "surplus store", adding the things Brian mentioned would seem reasonable.

Archived