Some Questions.....

Ceol328

Hello, I have some questions on the game and have not found answers anywhere in the forums.

1. Why do the map seeds have so much Water? It being a survival game, I would having a harder time finding water would make game more interesting.

2. Why is there no Pop n Pills in the hub city?

3. Regarding mining, I know there is a small chance that you might find

Silver, gold or diamonds. Do you have the chance in all Biomes?

I have only found these at bedrock in the desert biome near oil shale deposits.

4. Why does the feel like temperature not stabilise? I am freezing and put a coat on and the temp starts going til I am overheating then I have to take the coat off. All within 5 to 10 minutes of game play. Makes horde nights more of a challenge when I constantly have put on a coat and take it off while trying to avoid zombie attacks. Lol

That is all I have at the moment. Thanks for any replies.

1. Random. Depends on the seed name. You can check the sticky thread for some seeds with less water. I pulled one once that was almost entirely desert.

2. If it's a Random World, it's randomly generated. You can have them, but it is not a guarantee. If it's in Navezgane, that's a static map that never changes.

3. I have not been able to acquire the config files for the console, but based on the PC data, yes.

4. The temperature system is kind of wonky. Even on PC we have issues with it. Hopefully at some point in the future it will get optimized to work a little better.

in regards to 3, im pretty sure the silver gold and diamonds arent a thing on console. those were added A16 if im not mistaken. Answer to questions 1 and are its random... hence the word random gen. and for 4, yea its a common problem.

As for gold/silver/diamonds, I usually only get them from treasure maps. But I have obtained them through digging, but I'm sure I was in the pine forrest biome, so I think the answer is yes, it's just that they are too rare to even bother.

As for water issues, as stated before, its random generation, so what you name your world/Seed name, will drastically change everything.

Biggest tip I can give you in regards to that is simply follow and stay with the roads for the best chance to avoid having to swim across massive lakes. I had the same issue my first few games too, so I know the pain lol.

Check out various seeds people have found, theres a list on the forums and you can even find them on youtube, crackpot texas has some videos and that's how I found my current game.

Weather/temperature can be ridiculous. But, if your living in the desert, animal hide/leather poncho is a 100% must. Add in other clothes that reduces heat and as of late, my poor guy has been cold despite living in the desert lol. For colder climates, I've really only needed a good puffer coat. But it's not a perfect system, just have to work around what we have.

Not sure why they choose not to include a Pop n Pills in the main hub city. But thankfully it's not entirely that difficult to eventually find one. Aside from Pop n Pills, the Boobie Trap building also houses a Chemical station, but finding one, if there's even one in the random gen map you're on, can be a chore.

Honestly, I've never needed one right away. Finding a workbench was always a high priority when I first start out. One map I was playing on gave me ridiculous amounts of workbenches with every gas station I encountered, yet on another map and I barely found 1. Not sure why.

But the main hub city still holds extreme value. 2 Shotgun Messiahs, 2 Working Stiffs, 2 Shamways, and the various other POI buildings sure makes up for the lack of a Pop n Pills.

1. I agree about the water. I wish there were options to help the percentages of everything. For example, have the water and all of the biomes be options. Give the choices of default, less, more. Then on the random gen you would still get water, but less of it.

4. For the temperature just commit one inventory slot to your poncho and puffy coat (or leather duster). Always be wearing one or the other. When you hit 90F, take off the coat and put in the poncho. When you hit 45F, take off the poncho and put on the coat. It sucks having to use an inventory slot to manage the weather, but that is the easiest way that I found.

Luckily at 90F and 45F your character makes a sound and that is when the temperature appears on your HUD.

1. With respect to water. Nowadays I just dig up snow for making water. It’s easy to dig even with a stone shovel and few thousand snowballs make an equal amount of water so kinda easy and lasts forever. My biggest annoyance with the water is when they spawn the Baltic seas and you have to cross them... on a more interesting note I once found a crossroads sunken in a lake and it could be looted. No actually town yet though.

3. I think this was the diamonds one. We’ve done a fair amount of tunneling in all biomes. We have found silver and golds and diamonds but only in the desert. Get an auger and make happy trails for shale and sometimes the others . It’s likely we were just statistically more likely to get them there given the amount we’ve tumbled the desert but with an auger it’s easy. We were tunneling at bedrock.

That was bad luck on the pop n pills. If you look for a booby trap for a chem station I have only ever found them outside of town in the wild.

Archived