no semi distant terrain on random map, Nav just fine.

ZombieCoconut

Log for server

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12-rLjpurFDbYkE9tdQ8BG4BnCagAd7yn/view?usp=sharing

Speccy for server

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eitAThbRE2zAcmQ9ubhsfXGo0RIset7_/view?usp=sharing

I can see through the terrain to see POIs from any distance, the terrain loads when i get really close to it. This is a dedicated server with no mods plain vanilla. All is fine when i run Nav as the map. The same thing happens when for my brother so its not just me. Other servers and SP display terrain just fine.

Any ideas?

ERR Block on position 705, 137, -3680 with value id=630

Apparently this is a block issue - that's been around for a while. There are various ways to approach this. One would be to try to get the system to regenerate the map and that would involve finding the proper chunk and map that has this information.

PLEASE BE FOREWARNED that doing deleting a map file/chunk will delete any player made things within that chunk!! SO BE CAREFUL!

You could also try the Repair Chunk Density command within the command console. I haven't tried either so I'm not totally sure what's involved. Apparently this error can happen when the noted block as well as another (id=1481) spawn inside another block or something like that.

There's also a "Visitmap" command but should only be done when there isn't anyone online. I think that's apart of Alloc's Server Fixes - I think its here.

There's a bunch of things 'you should do' as admin lol I've forgotten most of them but do remember to back it up (manually) and to 'visitmap' when starting a new world.

Yeah, that's like two blocks trying to occupy the same space. Usually happens when a car spawns partially inside a road on a hill. I usually just delete the region file.

How do i know which region file i need to delete, I found the files i just don't know how to translate

ERR Block on position 705, 137, -3680 with value id=630

into knowing which region file that is referring to

I deleted all the regions except for the one with my base, and nothing has changed stilled no distant anything except floating POIs. I'm running visitmap but that will take some time.

Here is a video of what my game looks like.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ak7FrLsBNYOl4FNDWPIEqrraxnGrKZGe/view?usp=sharing

Going to run Repair Chunk Density after the map is made.

does the video help with any more ideas?

Well - what you see in the video is to a degree how the game works, but to me it shouldn't be soo 'close' especially the trailing part. The specs for the Server seem okay - there are probably a lot of others whom run the same system or similar.

That: "GamePref.OptionsLODDistance = 0.5" is on my dedi too! But we get up to 10 players and little issues except with individual lag on the clients side.

This is definitely a server side thing. I see you don't have Alloc's Server Fixes installed. Or "Improvements for the dedicated server" as its called. Alloc is a TFP type person :) I know it fixes some things including rendering - although I don't know the specifics. You didn't mention when this started or has it been this way? You might want to search Alloc's Fixes for installation - specifically if you need to start a new game. Or you could play with your settings to see if you can get any improvement. Here's a description on each setting.

Archived