[ MOD ] EntityPlayer Over-ride

sphereii

Entity Player

-------------

The EntityPlayer SDX mod lets you over-ride the default player class, and add new functionality.

Base Features are:

- OneBlock Crouch: Allows the player to enter one-space openings

- Soft Hands: If this is set to true, then players will recieve 1 point of damage every time they hit with their bare hands

- JumpingDrain: If this is set to true, the players will take a stamina hit every time they jump.

The following Properties are set on the Player's entry in the entityclasses.xml:

<!-- Turns on one block crouch -->

<property name="OneBlockCrouch" value="true" />

<!-- Turns on damage when hitting things with your bare hands -->

<property name="SoftHands" value="true" />

<!-- take a stamina hit for jumping -->

<property name="JumpingDrain" value="true" />

Available through the 7D2D SDX Tutorial Project: https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods

WoW Super Awesome as always. Thank you for this.

Question. Is the hit back function set to damage the player when they hit anything? like air, water, cloth? Or can it be adjusted for different materials?

Also seeing as you have the 1 block crouch do you think you can replicate the other bug we had before that one. Where the player could jump up 2 block high but only if they were right up next to the blocks. You couldn't do it from a block away or even 1/2 a block but if you were touching then you could jump up 2 blocks. It was a nice bug and i was hoping it was the start to a small climbing feature. Do you remember that bug? It was the alpha before the one block bug.

WoW Super Awesome as always. Thank you for this.

Question. Is the hit back function set to damage the player when they hit anything? like air, water, cloth? Or can it be adjusted for different materials?

Also seeing as you have the 1 block crouch do you think you can replicate the other bug we had before that one. Where the player could jump up 2 block high but only if they were right up next to the blocks. You couldn't do it from a block away or even 1/2 a block but if you were touching then you could jump up 2 blocks. It was a nice bug and i was hoping it was the start to a small climbing feature. Do you remember that bug? It was the alpha before the one block bug.

this will only perform damage on the player when they hit something, whether it's a block or entity. It won't hurt you if you punch air.

It may be possible to find out what you are hitting. I haven't looked into it too deeply yet, as it was just showing you what was possible. Perhaps in future versions, or someone else, can dig into it refine it.

I don't remember that bug. It's interesting though...

Archived