force fps via launch options?

TeleClassy

what format do the launch options use? i was assuming you could use standard unity commands for some stuff like FPS, and i'm wanting to use the command line i found here "Application.targetFrameRate=120" in launch options, but so far any format i've used doesn't work, for any commands i find relative to unity. is it even possible to use this line here? obviously i don't know anything about code otherwise it'd probably be clear as day why i can't

otherwise how can i set a target fps of 120 or at least 90? i don't know if my machine will run that but i want to try so i can record it for slowmo in my videos and right now i only have up to 60

for anyone curious i solved it by turning off vsync in the video settings and using the console command settargetfps or something like that (can be found if you type "help" in console ingame), easy as pie although i think it's my machine but i can't get a steady 120 fps, usually 110ish, and there is a lot of tearing for me since my monitor is limited to displaying 60fps

Yeah, you don't want to go above the FPS of your monitor. Plus the game hasn't been optimized, to attempting to run 120FPS on it is a tad silly. I find locking it in at 90 seems to work well though.

i'll probably shoot for 90, but 110 is pretty steady. only complaint i have of it is tearing from my monitor, so nothing i can really change about that. gotta get the slowmo, 3x and 4x slow is a pretty big difference. will have to test. i still only get about 60fps at the most crucial moments, like headshots and stuff, which sucks but oh well.

Archived