Is this man a genius?

skullpoker

It started because of the frequent crashes the Xbox gets. If I play for ~1.5 hours, it will eventually dump me out to the Xbox dashboard. So I get in the habit of saving and quitting then relaunching to keep gameplay smooth. Occasionally one of those crashes will be an MD5 crash...which requires I delete my local save data and relaunch. So to prevent that, I so the quit and reboot frequently.

I discovered the horde reboot when I got a crash in the middle of horde night. When I relaunched, it was like a completely new horde...different directions...different patterns, etc.

Then I tried the relaunch when I noticed the horde slow down (2am-ish), and same result...new horde, new directions, and lots more Ferals and Cops.

On days when I decide to fight the horde out in the open, I do this. In the earlier days when the size is smaller, i have to reset twice. If I recall correctly, someone posted a while ago how to make the horde endless; there's something in one of the xml files that determines the size of the horde based on gamestage and all you have to do it increase it from a couple hundred per blood moon phase default to several thousand.

It leaves quite a mess though; took me about 30 minutes of real time to loot and carve up the bodies.

@Lockspur I know all about XBOX 7 Days. I spent most of last summer playing split-screen with my roommate. Eventually after enough MD5 we gave up. I got the game for PC and later got him a copy for his PS4 as a birthday present. And neither one of us had problems with crashing or MD5 after that ;)

Archived