Confused and Lost

SuperBoyd

Hey Everyone,

So I'm very new to this world and so far I'm loving it. But I'm confused and I do NOT understand the world when it comes to Multiplayer and Dedicated Servers. Last night me and two there buddies, one whose always played, created a game last night. We had a blast. However, what I learned afterwords is that the other two CANNOT get into that game unless I'm on at that time. Then I learned that only I can get on with or without them and the days will countdown. Well I've heard I could join dedicated servers but I will be at the mercy of that servers and what day they are on. The two nerds that joined me does NOT have the best schedules and one of them can't even commit to making a plan or schedule. I've heard I could create my own SP game which is cool but I'm not sure how to do that without screwing up my other game. I do want to play with others but I don't even know for sure how to do that. So in two words: Look at the title of this thread.

Advice please

thanks

Ok. It sounds like you created a multiplayer game last night. Unless you are playing that game, your "friends" will not be able to play. You and your friends, could join a dedicated server. The difference with that is, other players, time will progress if someone is playing on the server. Ie: You could being playing on day 3 and not play for a day or two and next thing you know its day 52. The game bases your horde on a few things, level, perks and skills that are unlocked or your level, and how many people you are with at the time of the horde. Since you are just starting out, if you decide to go to play on a dedicated server, start with a PvE server, player vs environment. This way you don't need to be worried about getting killed by another player.

If you have a second computer, you can go to your STEAM library on the second computer, in the upper left search bar open the drop down menu and click tools, and find the 7 Days to Die dedicated server. Start that up with a password known only to you and your friends, and if you leave that running your friends should be able come and go as they please.

To start an SP game go to the 7 Days to Die main menu, click NEW GAME. In the next screen there are options in the upper left. Find the one that says Survival MP and change it to Survival SP. Enter a new game name, set your options, and in the bottom right corner click the button to start your new game.

If you have a second computer, you can go to your STEAM library on the second computer, in the upper left search bar open the drop down menu and click tools, and find the 7 Days to Die dedicated server. Start that up with a password known only to you and your friends, and if you leave that running your friends should be able come and go as they please.

To start an SP game go to the 7 Days to Die main menu, click NEW GAME. In the next screen there are options in the upper left. Find the one that says Survival MP and change it to Survival SP. Enter a new game name, set your options, and in the bottom right corner click the button to start your new game.

If i do this how will I go back to the game I stared with my friends?

Thats what ge was getting at with tge 2nd pc. Self hosted dedi.

Yes! If you host a dedicated server on a second computer you can pay the power bill and do the maintenance yourself, or you can rent a dedicated server from any hosting company. Some come with really good add-ons like Envul. But if you run a server without a password then the days will advance when anybody logs in to play, and eventually there will be no more cars, chairs, couches, or any of the good loot sources. For those reasons, you might be better off to simply host a standard MP game while you are online and playing.

Finding a hosted server through the game's MP list that isn't 800+ days with no loot left is pretty rare, and they don't stay low days/loot sources remaining for very long. It's kind of a hassle to find a good public server.

Hey Everyone,

So I'm very new to this world and so far I'm loving it. But I'm confused and I do NOT understand the world when it comes to Multiplayer and Dedicated Servers. Last night me and two there buddies, one whose always played, created a game last night. We had a blast. However, what I learned afterwords is that the other two CANNOT get into that game unless I'm on at that time. Then I learned that only I can get on with or without them and the days will countdown. Well I've heard I could join dedicated servers but I will be at the mercy of that servers and what day they are on. The two nerds that joined me does NOT have the best schedules and one of them can't even commit to making a plan or schedule. I've heard I could create my own SP game which is cool but I'm not sure how to do that without screwing up my other game. I do want to play with others but I don't even know for sure how to do that. So in two words: Look at the title of this thread.

Advice please

thanks

My advice is select server from list of already existed multiplayer servers, sort list by players count and choose more populated, with "PVE" in title, pay attention to ping lower then 100, and play there with friends. Thats all. You do not need host your own server, no reason to start from day 1, it have no difference if you join day 1 or day 1001(but better wait before join if there are night at server). If you live on EU region, i may recommend you few servers with large friendly community and admins.

Yes! If you host a dedicated server on a second computer you can pay the power bill and do the maintenance yourself, or you can rent a dedicated server from any hosting company. Some come with really good add-ons like Envul. But if you run a server without a password then the days will advance when anybody logs in to play, and eventually there will be no more cars, chairs, couches, or any of the good loot sources. For those reasons, you might be better off to simply host a standard MP game while you are online and playing.

Finding a hosted server through the game's MP list that isn't 800+ days with no loot left is pretty rare, and they don't stay low days/loot sources remaining for very long. It's kind of a hassle to find a good public server.

I self host, the cost of running a 2nd computer is minimal, and I use a rack server with a 560w psu. He already has a 2nd computer, he may or may not need to do any upgrades, a one time investment, IF needed.

He could rent a server, cheapest I've seen is lowlatencyservers.com (US based) is $8.00 a month.

I hope by envul you're not referring to CBSM, that sm is trash and abandoned ware. Any decent feature requires you to pay for it, and right in the terms and conditions, they state they are not required to provide support, if they do, it's at their leisure.

it have no difference if you join day 1 or day 1001.

You could not possibly be more wrong. Try finding a car past day 200 to get minibike parts. It doesn't happen. This is why you should never join online multiplayer games, because when dozens of people could be logged on and there is almost no time when there is not somebody on, the days keep going without you and soon all of the essential loot sources are gone.

You could not possibly be more wrong. Try finding a car past day 200 to get minibike parts. It doesn't happen. This is why you should never join online multiplayer games, because when dozens of people could be logged on and there is almost no time when there is not somebody on, the days keep going without you and soon all of the essential loot sources are gone.

If the server has good and active admins, they can replenish the resources fairly easily. As long as a player hasn't built in an area, the region can be deleted. Next time it generates it will be like day one. Resources replenished. Just because YOU don't like playing on dedicated servers, don't discourage others from trying it. Let them make the choice for themselves. I don't know why you're so negative, but please check it at the door.

As a side note, I offered to setup a private server for Boyd and his friends so they can play together at their leisure and not cost them anything.

If the server has good and active admins, they can replenish the resources fairly easily. As long as a player hasn't built in an area, the region can be deleted. Next time it generates it will be like day one. Resources replenished. Just because YOU don't like playing on dedicated servers, don't discourage others from trying it. Let them make the choice for themselves. I don't know why you're so negative, but please check it at the door.

As a side note, I offered to setup a private server for Boyd and his friends so they can play together at their leisure and not cost them anything.

Exactly. Good admins is the main feature of server.

But even on servers with no region resets and no cars respawn, are enough cars and other resources even on day 3000+. Just explore map far away from map center. There are enough cars, and this like additional challenge).

Archived