Before / After ...

irjvik

I currently have the PSN Platinum trophy for this game, so I looked for new ways of playing it.

On a regular map (cheating disabled), I decided to play as a demolition company.

"Raze destroyed buildings, there are no more considered as safe now, as they can collapse without warning."

As I'm playing without cheats, I took the only unlimited resource I had : wood.

So everything will be rebuild using wooden blocks and structures.

As wood is not zombies resistant, I had to turn off zombies in order to avoid a bad fate to my work

(don't worry, I turned them on again numerous times but far away from the main town).

In my example, I razed the building to the ground and left only looting containers.

The demolition was done with steel pickaxes and stone shovels. Period. No auger and no AoE weapons were used.

(In the background, I previously razed another building in order to have a private forest for wood supply)

A building BEFORE :

1048526223_7DaystoDie_20180301080520.thumb.jpg.76b81eacf992729dcfcfd44dbf0a6788.jpg

The same building AFTER :

431443860_7DaystoDie_20180323215341.thumb.jpg.e55eb0345b3a9f8cd2899c5ec2127cf7.jpg

This is a LOT of work (and pickaxes fixed too).

As you can see, 7DTD can be played in many ways, including unexpected ones !

Don't worry, all recycled stones are currently stored and currently turned into concrete mix. I will use it to build a cool base entry point. But I need *a lot* of iron I don't have now, so I need to wait a little more ...

As for turn off zombies, it's in the "modded options" just before loading the map. But beware two things :

- The game is a zombie survival crafting game, turning off zombies means you will have another game experience. Personally, I began to turn off zombies AFTER I got the PSN platinum trophy. (In my point of view, platinum trophy == I have experienced all what was intended by the devs for this game).

- Turning off zombies prevents new ones to spawn, but does not make existing ones disappear. You will have to use old ways (aka kill them) for "despawning" existing zombies.

not sure what the psn trophy is, i presume it is similar to the achievements on xb1. i still have a bunch of those to earn. i don't have any plans to turn off zombies in my two normal games, but it would be great to not have to deal with them in my creative game where i test different ideas in a sand box environment.

iron is easy to get. just harvest all the boulders you see for raw iron, an i get tons of scrap iron from radio/cell towers.

not sure what the psn trophy is, i presume it is similar to the achievements on xb1.

iron is easy to get. just harvest all the boulders you see for raw iron, an i get tons of scrap iron from radio/cell towers.

Yes, PSN trophies == Xbox Live achievements.

The Platinum trophy is earned after having earned *all* trophies/achievements. It's a convenient way of saying "I got all achievements".

As for iron, I know, thank you, but I really needs *tons* as concrete reinforced needs really many iron (and steel) units.

Archived