Water Issues

captainmose

I noticed when I place water in a water tank that I made on my roof with bullet proof glass so I wouldnt have to run to the lake every few game days to refill water bottles to drink. The water goes straight through the bullet glass. Some spots hold it but the majority of it leaks out and down into my base. Any answers as to why this happens?

It could be because the glass isn't a full block. I had the same issue trying to make a water trough with thin panels. Using full blocks should contain the water.

Do you think you would have to use the full block for the sides as well and will the light go through a full glass block the same as a thin panel?

Do you think you would have to use the full block for the sides as well and will the light go through a full glass block the same as a thin panel?

Definitely yes to using the full block. Not so sure about light going through but I would have thought so. You could test it by placing some soil beneath - if it changes to green/yellow (depending on the type you used) then light is going through and it's suitable for planting.

Water

Definitely yes to using the full block. Not so sure about light going through but I would have thought so. You could test it by placing some soil beneath - if it changes to green/yellow (depending on the type you used) then light is going through and it's suitable for planting.

So I tried full blocks and it still goes through the full block, only time it appears to not go through the full block is when I use concrete. Ill try one more time and see if I goofed up somewhere. Ill keep the thread updated

Hi captainmose,

Please do keep the thread updated with how this is working out for you. I spoke with a team member about this and it is a known issue that water can leak through some blocks. Any info I can pass on about how the water is behaving will be helpful to the team though so I will keep an eye out for any updates you have :)

Clare

• 2 weeks later...

I have your fix for the water leaking and it doesn't require bullet proof glass. We have this same problem on PC because water physics are still in early stages and kind of garbage at the moment.

If you want a glass pool or something similar the only way to keep water from leaking out is to use 2 blocks. Now this can be 2 full blocks or a full block and a plate, or even 2 plates rotated to sit against each other.

So for the bottom of a roof glass pool, you can use glass plates rotated to the bottom of the block rotation and underneath you can put another glass plate rotated to the top position to sit flush against the one above it. This will keep your water sealed in. You can do this for the sides as well.

I have tested and built this many times on PC and console so I can guarantee you it works. I have also built underwater bases out of concrete and glass and it worked perfectly.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Archived