Horde night @ Bedrock

Walterstj

I know you can completely avoid the horde by just running away... I ran in an underground tunnel from the desert biome to the farm in Diersville and they never came to me after arriving at the desert location...

My question is, can you just chill at bedrock?

My really large underground spotat bedrock is right under the river next to the large working stiffs store... It pretty much runs north/south with the water... Will they dig underwater? And if so, would my underground spot flood?

Zombies that are detecting/tracking you (bloodmon hordes are ALWAYS tracking you) will dig the shortest way to meet you, no matter the material they must destroy. Water doesn't stop them.

My favourite while in the early game for bloodmoon hordes is to wait them outside my base, and fight them in the open wilderness, so they will less damage to landscape and structures rather than fight them in close combat at my base (heavy repairs needed afterwards).

Yes you can hide at bedrock. Most of the zombies in the world, even if you were in their detection radius, are standing and can't reach the ground to dig to you. Even dogs and crawler will mostly keep moving in circles and very rarely attack the ground. So if you pick a spot with higher elevation of ground level (under desert or snow mountains, any ground above 0) you will be outside of detection radius and most things that even spawn will either stand around twitching or run in circles. This creates a very large amount of complaint from people who play Multiplayer, as many seem to think it's unfair that you can be 100% safe down there, excluding tunnel collapse.

Archived