Blackscreen and not charging part of map

TEKnowLOGY

In my multiplayer game, I have parts of the field that do not load and when I walk on this part of the field, the screen becomes black and the mini map too.

How to solve the problem, I really like this game but it prevents me from continuing.

I am on Windows 10 with Geforce GTX 670 card and all my drivers are up to date.

:upset::upset::upset:

20180311174736_1.thumb.jpg.78c12c0a0e2e56d30d06ac966ce2ef05.jpg

20180311174739_1.thumb.jpg.925a4238937de62c3aac9629147269a6.jpg

20180311121327_1.thumb.jpg.9d8e1934b5a68cc2a60ac4571d6714d0.jpg

20180311121342_1.jpg.c88d2917aaaf36d049f9d78bcffb6d2a.jpg

20180311121344_1.jpg.f42e0583f927fbd49491c70795095ac9.jpg

We've seen this before, but Alloc knows a lot more about it than I do. I believe it has something to do with the map and main.ttp getting corrupted.

I'll have to find one of his posts on it.

I have see on Youtube a posibility to change the TTP programation with Frhed software

But i don't understand all lol

Check this if it's the good thing please

If you can help me, it would be greatly appreciated

Well - the guy in the video is talking about "BSOD" (Totally different thing) and saying that 'you can't get back into the game' - That doesn't seem to be the problem you're having. So - trying to do what he is saying probably wont fix your problem. There are some similar problems like this:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?29236-Black-screen

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/312265672106862864/

From your description it would seem to be a 'map' issue or video issue.

Do you have any mods installed?

So... Most of the world is fine except for a certain area of the map?

And when you walk into that area the screen goes black?

If so I'd say it's a map problem... But then you show your inventory and it shows the boarders and such but items and background are black...

So I would say that isn't a driver issue, but again more of a map issue cause you have screen shots of at least the map and it looks good.

When you say "Multiplayer Game" is that on a server or is that an MP game you start?

Well - the guy in the video is talking about "BSOD" (Totally different thing) and saying that 'you can't get back into the game' - That doesn't seem to be the problem you're having. So - trying to do what he is saying probably wont fix your problem. There are some similar problems like this:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?29236-Black-screen

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/312265672106862864/

From your description it would seem to be a 'map' issue or video issue.

Do you have any mods installed?

So... Most of the world is fine except for a certain area of the map?

And when you walk into that area the screen goes black?

If so I'd say it's a map problem... But then you show your inventory and it shows the boarders and such but items and background are black...

So I would say that isn't a driver issue, but again more of a map issue cause you have screen shots of at least the map and it looks good.

When you say "Multiplayer Game" is that on a server or is that an MP game you start?

Very thanks for reply :D

you think it would be my video card that is in trouble? it is certain that it is old: P a GTX 670.

I do not have any MOD installed, and when I talk about multiplayer, I'm talking about starting a multiplayer game on the menu so that my friends can come to my party. I am not creating a server.

The game went well until areas are no longer charged and as soon as I enter this area the screen becomes black.

I know for a fact we saw this issue in late a15, or very early a16. I remember Alloc working out the cause and finding a solution for it. For the life of me though, I am unable to find the freaking threads where they had the issue. I know there was at least one, but pretty sure there were two.

AHH! Okay - so all the files are on your PC.

I hope Alloc can help.

I'm almost 100% sure it has to do with your 'map' files. It's possible that they some how got corrupted. At the worst it maybe possible that you've lost a cluster or two on your hard drive/SSD. I'm definitely not an expert, nor know much about this next part but you could try deleting the chunk/region files associated with that area. Its an involved process but IF YOU have any buildings and such in that area - they'll be gone :( Hopefully you don't. Other wise it would be easier and faster to just start a new game - I know at times that's not a 'good option' since you've possibly spent a great deal of time and effort.

It would be a good idea to make a backup copy of your files before doing any of that. Usually at: "C:\Users\(name of PC)\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves"

In there you'll find "Navezgane" Random Gen" - they will be in the 'map' you've created. IE: If you've created a game with the "Navezgane" map look in that folder. If its Random Gen then in that folder. If Random Gen you should see another folder with the name you gave the game - AKA "Seed name." Copy that some where 'safe' lol That's about all I'm 'sure about.' But you can look up on how to have the system 'regenerate'/'replace' a chunk or region file. Basically from what little I know all you have to do is delete the certain file(s). Then when you start the game again and visit that same region/chunk the system will make a new file.

WARNING: Anything you have built or have in that region/chunk will be deleted!! So be a bit careful...

BUT - here's how to find the region(s)/chunks(s)...

I would start the game and then open the console with the "F1" key. Then type in "DM" into the box and hit the Enter key. It should say "debugmenu on" or something of that nature. Then hit the "F1" key again and it should close the console. FYI: That window is the "Command Console" where you can type in commands - but having "debugmenu on" is very important to have all commands accessible to you; in this case its not a problem since 'you are the admin.' Anyway now hit "F8" twice - the first time it should bring up the FPS monitor in the left side of the screen. The 2nd time it should give you 2 or 3 more lines. The 3rd line should be: "xx.xx. HEAT% - Chunk xx x xx" and that's the line you're interested in. This is the 'chunk' you're character is at. Then you would have to fly around the entire area and map it out...

The map in this link shows the general lay out of the map:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?6922-Regions-Chunks-and-a-Map-Mod&p=51988&viewfull=1#post51988

So... In theory too - you could just go in and in accordance with the map - just rename the files (Without the game running) if yoou have an idea of what ones to do... But agian I'm not sure on how this goes, so if I where you I'd at least keep a copy of what you got before doing anything. It would also be best to look over the many threads on deleting region/chunk files... I'm sure others are better at this than I am since I've never done it.

Archived