Suggestion: item destroying function/ hotkey

ColdGate

When you play on servers with loot respawn, you often need clear trash items from loot container. Usually we just drop items on floor, and they dissapears. But many populated servers have rule like "Do not drop items!" Because it affects performance. So in this case, and not only this case, function "destroy" added to "scrap", "repair" etc, will be very handy

Maybe in the multiplayer section?

I've never heard of this one... "...many populated servers have rule like "Do not drop items!" Because it affects performance."

We have 9 on our dedi and I've never attributed any performance degradation to dropping items... Picking crops - yes... Everyone going out and exploring - yes to a degree. Multiple people firing 'flaming' bullets, yes... There's been many times where we'll have multiple groups out looting and after finding out and letting them know that the loot does not respawn if there's stuff in the 'loot box' everyone's just pulled them out and dropped it on the ground. If items don't have any value - then they get dropped, if not then they get scrapped.

Wasn't there a function to "shift and click to drop an item?"

Maybe buttons on the container with "loot all," 'scrap all' (all possible?), 'drop all' or something along those lines?

I've never heard of this one... "...many populated servers have rule like "Do not drop items!" Because it affects performance."

We have 9 on our dedi and I've never attributed any performance degradation to dropping items...

Its about servers with 20-30 stable simultaneously online. I checked my servers history, I played already on 58 servers, and as I remember 5-6 have this rule "Do not drop items! Do not dig with full inventory", two times admin teleportating to me and friends and says "stop dropping, read rules".

Wasn't there a function to "shift and click to drop an item?"

Shift+click is a quick move to inventory or from inventory

Maybe buttons on the container with "loot all," 'scrap all' (all possible?), 'drop all' or something along those lines?

Yes, something like this

loot does not respawn if there's stuff in the 'loot box'

Um, what now? That's completely wrong. Must be a mod.

In normal gameplay it's best to always leave something in a container, here's why: When you open a container, a countdown starts for 30 days or as it's set on your server. Normally if anybody enters the area within that time, the timer of empty containers resets. If you leave a piece of paper or something in there, the timer doesn't reset when people come in the area.

Maybe you've been playing and seen a ton of empty containers, then you find one that isn't empty. You take the loot out, and a couple seconds later it says UNTOUCHED. That means that if people had left something in every container around, they could all be emptied and reset to UNTOUCHED.

Archived