Another day, another structure collapse...

Walterstj

Hey everyone, I know right, another one? Yes, this isn't a duplicate post. Another structure has randomly just fallen apart. Anyone else have an issue with stuff just falling apart. This one is in Perishton. So that makes something wrong with any structure I've built in Diersville, Desert, and now Perishton. Got to say, it's getting kind of frustrating to waste the time and effort and resources to build stuff just to have it crumble apart and now I cannot place blocks back where they were originally, they just fall apart and end up whatever the material is, wood, steel, stone, etc... Can maybe somebody give me a reason, I have yet to get an answer from any of the previous posts...

5703408_treefarm1.jpg.8ee6034b16e981ab812a69428a1f1f18.jpg

411968672_treefarm2.jpg.1a7d782161c3488784957ac0bb99c206.jpg

1378702885_treefarm3.jpg.6b75d2103f35d15b68e49c1ce02c8c16.jpg

1803467922_treefarm4.jpg.f3016f9d6281982082858ce183832bec.jpg

Console versions seem to have a lot of "quirks" when it comes to prefab buildings. I once watched a friend destroy 90% of the wall under a police station roof before the roof collapsed. But the bridges will fall apart when something walks over them. Best advice, use more metal/concrete support. If you are having problems of things not sticking to the side of the wood blocks, remove the wood and try again. If you have a solid layer of those metal trussing blocks, place the dirt on that and eliminate the wood altogether. Metal trussing has the advantage of letting you shoot through it so if your support beams are being attacked you can protect them. Try placing one block of dirt over the support, plant your tree there, and have the rest of the floor without dirt so you can defend your metal columns.

I understand the overloading concept... I just don't understand these issues way, way after the structure was built... I tend to cycle through areas. After the horde I move on to wherever is next on the cycle timer or closest... When I come back, these structures are all falling apart. .

Are these all in the same save Walterstj?

And was this save created in the latest patch, or an earlier one?

It sounds like they were built fine, but returning to them after the chunk unloaded and prompting them to reload could be a factor here.

Another thing is, it looks like you had trees growing ontop of the platform. The trees change weight as they mature, I've heard of players having roofs collapse because the corn they planted on the roof matured and changed weight. Is it possible these trees continued to grow after you left the area?

It's a structure that has some days behind it... I didn't build the structure and have it collapse... Nor did I build the structure and when the trees grew, it collapsed... I harvested from the platform 3 or 4, maybe even 5 times and now out of the blue, it just falls apart... Even the metal trussing will now just fall apart with nothing on it, I can't even place the wood or any other block on it to plant the trees... The metal trussing just breaks into iron beams when it falls... And the supports are double what the math requires for just metal trussing... I have yet to have a structure in any of the 3 biomes not randomly fall apart and not be able to be rebuilt... It's a waste of time and effort

Hi Walterstj,

Thank you for clarifying. You are on PS4, correct? I think at this point getting the team to have a look at a copy of your save file that all these issues are occurring in may be the best course of action. In theory it should be much easier to determine whats happening by looking around the whole structure in save rather than static images.

If you are willing to send in the save, please use the instructions below and include the co-ordinates of each of the structures where you've had a collapse.

1) Turn on PS4

2) Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.

3) In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4) Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5) Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6) Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"

7) Select 7 Days to Die

8) Select all files and press "Copy"

9) Wait until transfer is complete

10) Remove External Drive

11) Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ".bin" and "Profile" files

12) Upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service

13) Email the download link to [email protected]

14) As the email above is unmanned, please also let me know on the forums you have sent it so I can retrieve it for the team.

Clare

Archived