Adding requirements to recipes

jhast07

I'm currently modding new recipes into WoTW, and I was trying to find a way to add requirements to these new recipes(such as character level, certain skill levels) just to name a couple. I've dug through the .xml pretty thoroughly and I can't seem to put my finger on where the requirements are hiding, or what or where I need to add to even add these requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i am not sure you can add level or skill requirements directly to a recipe, but the way i would do it (like most mods do) is to lock those recipes behind a perk (or perks) and set the requirements on those perks. you can make the perk a single level that gives one or more recipes for a point cost (1 or more) or could even give it multiple levels that each unlock the next tier of your recipes.

What dracos said.

You can also add a book to learn the recipe, but the requirements of the perk still have to be met. So it can be a perk with 0 skill point costs (so you can't buy it), but needs certain things in order for you to be able to learn it. Look at the WotW class-specific stuff for examples in progression.xml.

Archived