another building that can't be built

Walterstj

I know you're probably tired of reading this, but I'm tired of building stuff that just falls apart. Another biome, another structure that just falls apart when placing a block there, doesn't matter what type of block. They just collapse into a pile... I still don't have an answer as to why my concrete that I posted about ages ago, still hasn't dried. I'm getting extremely tired of building things only to have to stop completely because blocks just can't be placed. for some reason I can no longer upload photos here either, says my quota has been exceeded....

There is a limit to how many photos you can post, but you can remove older ones to allow you to put more up. Click on 'Forum Actions', 'General Settings', then scroll down and on the left side, under miscellaneous, click on 'attachments'. From here you can remove any attachments you no longer need.

The black rectangle is the gap? That is definitely weird and is obviously supported.

Was there anything in these blocks before you build there? Do they show up as searchable air blocks?

Only other suggestion I have is to collapse some wooden frames over this gap - I've done that and fixed block placement issues in the past.

The black spots are the 2 concrete blocks I upgraded, and even after they dried I couldn't place anything above them... I tried wood frames, upgraded wood frames, cobblestone frames, cobblestone block, metal trussing... And even if you skip that 2 block spot, when you place the next row above the gap, it just falls apart... And I am at bedrock... Every build I have run into a wonky SI problem... From concrete never drying to buildings just falling apart after being up for long periods of time... I just move on to the next build, just sucks I have to waste the time and resources and never get a fix or an answer

Hi Walterstj,

I am sorry that this issue is persisting for you, I am going to confer with the team using the images you posted to see if there is an obvious SI issue to them or if they can thing of a reason this might happen.

I understand your frustration with building, and I am sorry this is taking away from your gameplay experience. The concrete not drying issue appears to also effect PC so the fix for that will likely be a collaboration with both teams. Unfortunately I don't have an estimated fix for this. Are these block gaps and wet concrete issues all occuring in the same saves or copies of the same save?

Clare

Archived