Controller Drag

PewP3r

Howdy. I play on my PC + TV and framerates vary from 56-130 depending on scenery, and I've dialed in my graphics settings, Windows services, you name it... i7 quad-core CPU, GeForce 1070, 32GB RAM, Win10. My TV runs at 120Hz native 1080p. I'm also using my PS4 controller (wired) through Steam, and have tried PS4 and Generic mode + the "native support" option for controllers in the launcher.

When I'm upwards of 100 fps, things are very responsive and snappy. However, when it dips down to 80 or 60, my "look" responsiveness using my controller drags severely. I'll pause and turn up the mouselook sensitivity, and it'll work okay until the fps bounces back to 100+ and then it's WAY too sensitive. Rinse & repeat. I can't keep this damned thing stable! If I use my BT keyboard + mouse, things seem to be just fine regardless of FPS. I don't get it. All the other games I play with a controller through Steam retain a stable "look sensitivity" while playing, just 7 Days varies widely.

Ideas?

Controller support is kinda in an Alpha stage in this game. It was only just recently added, and there are still some bugs to iron out. I have tested this with a very similar setup to yours, and experienced the same thing.

I personally have found that capping the FPS at 60 resolves the issue. If I had to guess, I'd say that your other games aren't varying as widely in the FPS ranges as this one is. Though it may be something with how Steam is handles the controller, as I have seen similar issues in two other games that have the FPS dropping when areas are loading. BDO and Empyrion.

How do you go about capping FPS w/minimal input lag? I tried using Nvidia Inspector but it got kind of choppy/sluggish. I didn't see any in-game settings for this. Yesterday I tried using "Adaptive (half)" vsync but my in-game FPS still shows 80ish FPS, so not sure it's working as I think it should.

Archived