A landmine literally BROKE my ps4!!!!!!!!! Help!!!

Dyskombobul8td

Yesterday afternoon me and my friend were playing 7dtd online. On day 34 I randomly died from a landmine near gravestone town and literally 5 seconds after I died, my PlayStation starting flickering a black screen for 1 or 2 seconds, every 10-12 seconds, then crashed with a system error about 2 minutes later. Out of frustration, I turned off the ps4 and went to work...

Today, I turned on my ps4 and within 10 seconds the video kept cutting out again for 1 or 2 seconds, every 10 or 12 seconds, but there is still audio.

After extensive research, I've literally tried everything from a new HDMI cord, different tv, to restarting the ps4 in rest mode, and my PlayStation is still cutting video very consistently...

I'm 100% convinced this buggy game destroyed my ps4.

Someone help please! I've tried everything.

If The Fun Pimps would buy me a new ps4 500mb, they would be awesome....after all, your game literally messed up my PlayStation 4.

Wow, way to fail on your first post dude.

1. Not bloody likely that the software is going to kill your hardware. At least, not if you hardware is maintained the way it should be.

2. You are seriously smoking some fine quality weed if you think TFP would pay for something that they didn't even develop.

3. Good luck getting Telltale or Iron Galaxy to pay for it either. Primarily since there is no way it was their fault in the first place.

It's more likely that the cockroaches stuck in your machine caused it to overhead, and that destroyed it. (Seriously, Google that. It's both gross, and amazing at how often it happens.)

Also, this does not belong in the multiplayer meetup. Just because the section is for PS4 meetups, does not mean it's for everything else PS4 related.

Going to move this over to the correct section so you may get some help troubleshooting your hardware issues.

Also, it should be noted that shouting blame at the developers, and then asking for help on their forum, isn't a very smart idea. Just saying.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, way to fail on your first post dude.

1. Not bloody likely that the software is going to kill your hardware. At least, not if you hardware is maintained the way it should be.

2. You are seriously smoking some fine quality weed if you think TFP would pay for something that they didn't even develop.

3. Good luck getting Telltale or Iron Galaxy to pay for it either. Primarily since there is no way it was their fault in the first place.

It's more likely that the cockroaches stuck in your machine caused it to overhead, and that destroyed it. (Seriously, Google that. It's both gross, and amazing at how often it happens.)

Also, this does not belong in the multiplayer meetup. Just because the section is for PS4 meetups, does not mean it's for everything else PS4 related.

Going to move this over to the correct section so you may get some help troubleshooting your hardware issues.

Also, it should be noted that shouting blame at the developers, and then asking for help on their forum, isn't a very smart idea. Just saying.

Harsh dude--harsh. But no matter how harsh true.

Dyskombobul8td, have you tried redeeming your PS4 warranty, presumming it is still under warranty?

I mean if there is "no chance" of a game in ALPHA state borking your hardware, why do they come with disclaimers saying "Dev's not responsible if ALPHA game borks your hardware?" Just sayin'

Sometimes problems like that might be fixed by simply unplugging the power cord and reconnecting, like after a storm when my friends front panel was completely unresponsive. And being a console player he's like "nuh-uh, that will never work." and it did, so give it a try.

I mean if there is "no chance" of a game in ALPHA state borking your hardware, why do they come with disclaimers saying "Dev's not responsible if ALPHA game borks your hardware?" Just sayin'

Sometimes problems like that might be fixed by simply unplugging the power cord and reconnecting, like after a storm when my friends front panel was completely unresponsive. And being a console player he's like "nuh-uh, that will never work." and it did, so give it a try.

Simple. Because its to cover legal liability. Its in everything these - from electronics' instruction manuals to medicines with a laundry list of side effects that never happen. The point is to COVER themselves from litigation should somebody try to make a claim that, for example, a game broke their system.

Also, causation and correlation - two very different things. This is also known as the "post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallacy (you may wish to google that. In other words, one thing happening around the same time as another, even if similarly related, dont necessary equal one caused the other. It would need to be demonstrated.

What likely happened in your case is your console just chose to fail at that point. After all, electronics most often fail while working, although older electronics often have caps dry out after a while, but thats besides the point.

Ive had a 360 gradually die while playing forza 2, another during gears of war 3, a ps3 during gran turismo 5, and many more. Zero evidence of games causing any failures. In fact, in my 40 years of gaming and computing, i can only think of one example. The Commodore PET computer back in the early 80s could have an address poked to make it run about 3 times faster. The upshot of this was certain chips would get hot and either push themselves out of their sockets (through expansion) or fry completely.

So, sorry, but your ps4 likely died just due to general use. I would also point out that until recently ps4s had very weak hdmi decoder chips that would fail, so it may be the case. It may be worth finding someone reputable to have a look at it, preferably on a no obligation basis.

Archived