Invincible Horde

sandman2838

I know I read about this somewhere but can't seem to find it. It has happened during both horde nights so far. I am playing Random Gen, (Builders Challenge) Private game, 120 min days, zombies never run, rest at default. On both day 7 and day fourteen hordes, while perched on top of my horde tower (concrete blocks 5 high surrounded by iron grate walkway) as the zombies come in, try shooting and miss, using hunting rifle-come on, I might be a bad shot but really. As they get closer, same thing, then they are right below me, I'm not going to miss now, what! Switched to SMG, wasted a full clip, nothing, 9mm, same results, bow and crossbow, nope, squat down, shovel, nope. Then I remembered the post and reset the game. Unfortunately, that completely took out my horde, which I was counting on because I need fertilizer and glue. A few stragglers came in, and I was able to dispatch without trouble, but damn, I lost a lot of fertilizer material! Guess I'll have to go wandering around, or maybe fire up a few forges just to get a screamer or two.

PS, didn't bother with the location because it happened at two different towers. I plan on a different local for day 21. Just saying, I still need that fertilizer. The burnt biome is already riddled with holes and most of the deer and pigs have migrated to Navegane!

Hi Sandman2838,

Unusual this occurred even after a cache clearing. You didn't happen to have any issues with mining helmets or respawn during that play session in an odd way did you? I'll have to look it up, but I remember the team mentioning there was possibly a link to dying and respawning a certain way that would displace hitboxes.

Clare

Archived