Tunnel bug XBOX1

GRAW2ROBZ

I been digging a lot. I seen this bug before. Its when you dig a tunnel and some of the graphics is missing in the spot your digging. Like a open spot and can see into the distance. Well this time in the opening I shot my sniper rifle and killed zombies at the gas station from under the ground.

Then I leaned into the open spot. Its pushed me above ground by the dumpster behind the gas station near winter biome in Navezgane. I wished I would made a video of it. This could be a exploit for multiplayer as well most likely. If people are pvp. I'll be digging north to the mountain peak. If I get a flickering open piece of tunnel again i'll record it.

I've had this happen a few times, though not lately. When it's happened, I've usually whacked the ground around it and managed to make the land reappear. One one occasion I got stuck in it and had to quit out and reload - this moved me to the surface and when I went back into my mine, the glitch was gone.

It can happen around clay deposits - in which case the best thing to do is remove all the clay and it should solve it.

Hi GRAW2ROBZ

The issue with gaps appearing underground is a known one, I think it can happen in PC too and is less common now that it was in the beginning. Usually placing blocks against edges or continuing to dig can pop the surface back in. I believe the colider, like the texture of the surface, is only one sided, which is why you can shoot through one way and not the other. The texture being inverted when digging allows you to see and pass through the gap. However to prevent crashes and players getting stuck, if the game detects you underground where you shouldn't be or suffocating in a collapse, it will teleport you to the nearest open air surface (had you been under the building you would've ended up on the roof).

Hope that helps explain what's happening ^_^

Clare

Archived