New Channel: 7 Days to Bri

dhlmaster

vN9a9cnIOplANbxz6U1F7krKOO03ViqY1aYKuQfP7lOf-byrPGsPgPaSWxeUZNXXIoDbTYmhEg=w2560-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-nd-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Hey folks, I've been skulking about the forums for awhile and occasionally engaging in the Dev Diary. I'm new to YouTube, and I wanted to share my first couple of videos here. It's mostly geared toward newer players for now, but I will be working my way to some more advanced content in the future. I'm still playing around with trying to learn the video and audio editing software, as well as getting used to speaking up for the mic, so you'll have to excuse anything that doesn't come off as professional for now. Helpful feedback is welcome!

Intro video for the channel:

[video=youtube_share;zF5dvhvhQZo]

A brief introduction to 7 Days to Bri, the new channel focused on bringing you content about the game 7 Days to Die.

Starting Quest Tutorial:

[video=youtube_share;baugRBX3WD0]

Learn some basic concepts for 7 Days to Die gameplay in this tutorial. Today I am covering the starting quest, which includes crafting some of the most basic items and then making my way to the trader. I cover basic controls, harvesting, crafting, upgrading, combat, and a few random tips.

Link to channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFSLA9eT9Dzf_DS0epZBf4g

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 2

[video=youtube_share;NKVV5ztxW1k]

I'm sorry to say that this is the only video I will be getting out this week. I have plenty of footage at the moment for 3 or 4 more videos, but family obligations kept me from editing and publishing them to YouTube. You can expect 3 or 4 videos to come early next week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday).

You will notice that this Let's Play video has been edited down to about half of the original length. I was still experiencing audio issues when I recorded Day 2, so I ended up recording narration after the fact. The good news is that I have now completely redone my setup. Voice quality will be better, and game sounds will be present in all of my videos going forward.

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 4

[video=youtube_share;CCBwcUo2LOA]

Shenanigans continue as my journey for buried treasure turns into a series of unfortunate events fueled by poor decisions. The thumbnail image of me running through the woods in the dark sums it up nicely!

• 2 weeks later...

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 5

[video=youtube_share;X81YsxwuFhg]

The treasure hunt continues on Day 5! Watch as I wander the wasteland, run into a few nasty surprises, and search for the lost air drop crate, all while hoping to find a source of food before I starve. Be with me and help me stay brave as I take on the book store from the previous night's deadly encounter. Witness the wonders as I, once again, spend an evening digging up the hillside near the river in search of buried treasure.

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 6

[video=youtube_share;OwSaUbNjChM]

Things are looking up on Day 6! Join me as I finally uncover one of the buried treasure chests, find out what bear meat tastes like, head to the trader for some much-needed supplies, and begin construction on my horde defense tower.

• 3 weeks later...

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Days 8 & 9

[video=youtube_share;vK9fIYPRA9Y]

Join me as I recover from my tragic horde night. In this video, I'll be fixing up my base a little bit, searching for some good loot, and as always, fighting lots of zombies.

Also, I'm going with shorter videos, starting with this one. Around 20 minutes, rather than an hour. I'm hoping to not exceed normal attention spans, and I noticed that some of my favorite YouTubers edit their videos down to 20 minutes and cut out a lot of the less exciting moments.

Custom Prefabs: New Trading Post and Loot Crate POIs

[video=youtube_share;Iv8hfdFngFc]

As a side project, I am learning to make my own prefabs for my random gen server. In this video, I will show you my first two designs. The first is a new trading post with multiple traders. The second is a rare wilderness find with lots of good, easy to grab loot.

The Loot Crate isn't ready to ship yet because I keep having issues with the LOD model, but you can grab the Trading Post from this thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?82657-New-Trading-Post-All-5-traders-in-one-POI!

Ravenhearst 3.0, Day 1

[video=youtube_share;M7PhN_E7RXA]

Follow along as I explore the world of Ravenhearst 3.0! This mod that came out last week is already a big hit among 7 Days to Die fans. Ravenhearst features more variety in zombie models, sizes, and movement. There are also more zombies attacking you at all times to keep the action going. In fact, Ravenhearst has so much action that I have decided not to stick to my new shorter video format for this series. All of my Ravenhearst videos will be full length!

Ravenhearst 3.0, Day 2

[video=youtube_share;Lzxn6vOQx5w]

Another day in Ravenhearst! Join me as I venture into town and go looking for some fine reading material at the Poopy Pants Daycare. This mod is so full of surprises, I thought that I might end up being the one with poopy pants!

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 10

[video=youtube_share;6hQ2vABy5k4]

The search for a minibike schematic continues, but mostly there's a lot of hunting and killing on day 10. I'm also premiering a fun new tradition: the musical killing montage!

Bloodmoon Horde on Modded Server

[video=youtube_share;Oo4H49OhGX4]

I jumped on the server for horde night, and decided to record some of the action. I didn't have my mic on because my son was watching TV in the same room, so you get a sweet soundtrack instead. This server is a friendly PvE server with server-side mods. No client download necessary. Just search for "7 Days to Bri" under the modded servers list and use the password "tusken"

Kenney's First Day on the Server

[video=youtube_share;2Ko3MgyqhXw]

My main man, Kenney G has decided to start playing 7 Days to Die. I invited him onto the server to learn the ropes, and we had a great time. Follow along on our journey, and maybe pick up some tips

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 11

[video=youtube_share;QmPig__jSmo]

Follow along at home as I spend early morning hours exploring the woods, and then doing some upgrades on my house. Then it's time a for a loot run, where I end up finding so much good stuff that I need to store most of it in a dumpster for a later date.

Channel Update for April

[video=youtube_share;tsWsbtBX7xI]

I wanted to give everyone an update on how things are coming along with the channel, and what changes you can expect to see in the near future. Watch me challenge my attention span by attempting to play while talking. Sorry if it's a bit quiet. I usually don't record while my family is home, and I was trying not wake anyone up!

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 12

[video=youtube_share;_n5Yn2q5D0M]

Join me as I go for another treasure hunt in the wasteland. I get an early start for this video, heading out in the wee hours of the morning. It's a good chance to test out my night vision goggles!

Ravenhearst 3.1, Day 1

[video=youtube_share;wZdrnCkzuwI]

Join me for the reboot of my Ravenhearst series. Watch as I blast mofos with my SMG. This delicious mod for 7 Days to Die is not for the faint of heart. I was forced to reboot this series due to the 3.1 update, but it is well worth the effort. This video comes with a free side of humility and comic relief as my green screen fails to compete with the rising sun in real life.

• 2 weeks later...

"Let's Play" in Navezgane, Day 15

[video=youtube_share;FVLvWra0QKI]

The second bloodmoon horde is behind us, and it's time to go exploring. In this video, I switch to a nomadic style of play and set out to explore the far reaches of Navezgane.

• 4 weeks later...

Brian's Mod, Day 2

[video=youtube_share;-1wv4HWT1DM]

My microphone audio was corrupted on this one, so you're getting a music video. Please enjoy day 2 of my modded game. Watch as I explore some nearby buildings, get my forge set up, and take a few nasty falls.

Archived