Server Command List in Config?

Cadamier

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if there is a complete list of commands for the config file on a server?

I apparently stumbled upon one that "I didn't know about:"

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value="UNET"/> <!-- Networking protocols that should not be used. Separated by comma. Possible values: UNET, RakNet, SteamNetworking. Ex: "unet,steamnetworking" -->

Which I found in this post and apparently they've used this command to disable UNET on the server side:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?80373-Dedicated-server-not-visible-or-connectable-unless-im-in-game!&p=782215&viewfull=1#post782215

So with the above command - I was wondering how clients would react to a server with this setting if their clients where setup to enable UNET networking?

If you look at the server log near the bottom you'll see commands that aren't 'officially listed' such as:

GamePref.DayCount = 3

GamePref.DebugMenuEnabled = False

GamePref.DebugMenuShowTasks = False

GamePref.DebugStopEnemiesMoving = False

Just to show a few... In the logs on the console for the dedi I run I see those and a whole slew more! But then again I was wondering - would the command for the "GamePref.DayCount = 3" be something like:

<property name="GamePref.DayCount" value="3"/>

Thereby giving me the ability to set 'the start date' on a new map? :)

Thanks for your time and effort!

Clarification: This is not the commands for the console, these would be the commands contained within the server config file.

If you compare the other lines in the log about the prefs to how they are set in the config you'll see that the GamePref. is always in the log but never in the config ;)

Other than that all relevant configs should be in the template serverconfig.xml, most others are options for the game client (e.g. video settings) or no longer used settings (like DayCount and MatchLength which were used for Horde mode).

As for disabling protocols: A client always uses the first protocol it has and the server supports. So as long as you have at least one of the protocols enabled on both sides it will work. Disabling RakNet is never a good idea btw, that's the most reliable especially for servers currently ;)

If you compare the other lines in the log about the prefs to how they are set in the config you'll see that the GamePref. is always in the log but never in the config ;)

Other than that all relevant configs should be in the template serverconfig.xml, most others are options for the game client (e.g. video settings) or no longer used settings (like DayCount and MatchLength which were used for Horde mode).

As for disabling protocols: A client always uses the first protocol it has and the server supports. So as long as you have at least one of the protocols enabled on both sides it will work. Disabling RakNet is never a good idea btw, that's the most reliable especially for servers currently ;)

Hail Alloc! Well met. :angel:

Well my wifes comp doesn't seem to want to 'disable' UNET networking, so I was wondering if I added the:

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value="UNET"/>

to the server config would that disable UNET as is recommended by many people?

Another player in our group of 9 has UNET issues too. In our server logs my wife and he are always (almost constantly) loosing packets as reported by the logs and therefore their intermittent lag is what I'm thinking. I gave them directions on how to do it, but the issue still persists even though they said that they disabled it via the launcher.

Archived