Creative Mode Question

kevink27

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, it's not really a problem with the game that I know of.

I was trying some things out in creative mode, and a chat window popped up. Somebody calling himself Hatchet Ghost logged in and said "Hi" and logged out. I thought I was on my local computer, not a server. Was I hacked or was it something stupid on my part?

Thanks for any input.

There is a bug that will sometimes convert a local SP game into a client MP game. Most likely this is what happened, and your game was open on the server list with no password.

I've seen it happen a few times, and have not been able to track down the exact cause. I'll admit I haven't spent a lot of time troubleshooting it though.

You can convert your game back into SP by backing up the save, erasing it, creating a new save with the same name, and then loading the save files minus the config file back into the save folder.

There is a bug that will sometimes convert a local SP game into a client MP game. Most likely this is what happened, and your game was open on the server list with no password.

I've seen it happen a few times, and have not been able to track down the exact cause. I'll admit I haven't spent a lot of time troubleshooting it though.

You can convert your game back into SP by backing up the save, erasing it, creating a new save with the same name, and then loading the save files minus the config file back into the save folder.

tis not a bug my friend, if you are indeed in "Creative Mode". many moons ago i reported that the description was creative can be used by one person or several to build in without worrying with other players or pvping or zombies. So it was fixed to allow other players to help with building so as it is now, when you choose "Creative Mode" it automatically jumps to MP and you have a choice of Private or Public.

So if you just want to be by yourself you need to make sure its is checked to Private

hope this helps :)

https://i.imgur.com/fET5BG9.jpg

Thanks for the response. This might be the case. The creative mode option in which I speak is in the drop down box where you select either Single or Multiplayer game.

Your solution may work but I don't know if it is worth the effort since I was only fooling around in that game. I will just disable spawning in single player if I want to try stuff in the future.

Mainly, I was only concerned about my security.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks unholyjoe, You responded while I was typing. I will look for this in the future.

Thanks for the response. This might be the case. The creative mode option in which I speak is in the drop down box where you select either Single or Multiplayer game.

Your solution may work but I don't know if it is worth the effort since I was only fooling around in that game. I will just disable spawning in single player if I want to try stuff in the future.

Mainly, I was only concerned about my security.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks unholyjoe, You responded while I was typing. I will look for this in the future.

np enjoy... dont worry you didnt mess anything up.. next time just use SP or Private or both :)

Archived