My tips to avoid Md5 crashes

POUND YOU SILLY

I notice a lot of people asking how to avoid Md5 crashes. So I decided to give my tips that I use.

*On a side note this isn't 100% reliable. Also this is my opinion and I have had far less resets since*

The first question is, what are you willing to give up? I play on creative (cheat mode) only. That way I have access to ALL materials instantly vs slave labor to gather materials just to lose them. Unless you want achievements then it doesn't matter.

I turn off anything that isn't necessary like zombies. I like to turn them off and build something cool. Then turn them on if I want to test my structure or just have fun.

I also turn off crate drops because crate drops create noticeable lag. Which may lead to crashes.

I only play on navezgane so that I can remember where everything is and pick the best places to build. I like building at the farm because it's already flat and easy to build on. I avoid exploring the map too much to help avoid crashes.

I avoid cities and towns because of objects within settlements that create lag and crashes. I also avoid digging tunnels or digging too much underground.

I also find objects that create lag. To know if an object creates lag I spin a full 360° to pinpoint the direction of objects that create lag. You can test this yourself and find that certain objects will slow down your framerate.

I also turn off the game dvr under broadcast and capture to improve my game I play. This also works for any other game that has a slow frame rate.

Last but not least. I avoid having too many chests and containers in general that store items.

This is how I avoid huge resets and wasting my time. It's worked greatly and I can say this will work the best for anyone until Md5 is officially fixed

My guess the MD5 bug mainly happens with duplication glitch. Cause I was digging a trench around the general store town and my two buddies were duplicating meat at the time. Game dashboarded. I signed back on and most the stuff I built and dug that day was gone. Haven't had a MD5 bug since then either since i'm only one playing now in my server. That was a couple updates back again or months I shall say.

I only had 1 md5 error since playing. Started playing July of 16. I'll play for hours. Usually only turn off when I go out or to eat something. If I'm a few weeks in I'll put my PS4 in sleep mode so my save game is uploaded to Internet.

For what the OP is suggesting,why even play. Your game must be very boring

My current game I'm on day 103 with 120 minute days. No mp5 errors and I do alot in a game. Currently rebuilding a town.

I have noticed that on sp there is less lag though.

I suggest play the game anyway you like and if a mp5 happens, delete the game a start a new one. And let's be honest the best part of this game is the beginning. The first 4 or 5 weeks

• 2 weeks later...

i have found a system that has proven to 100% flawless over the last 30 days. not even any partial MD5 resets sinve i started using it.

step 1) create an extra game. it can be any kind of game. i use a creative solo game i started to test build ideas. since it is a testing game, it doesn't matter if the data gets corrupted.

step 2) play your game using any settings you wish. i play a private multi player with my wife using the easiest settings. i also play a solo game using mid range difficulty settings. both these games are on random gen maps,

step 3) when your game crashes after between 90 and 180 minutes of play, go to manage game and delete your player save file. sometimes you may need to perform this step 2 to 4 times to completely delet the file.

step 4) restart the gam and allow it to resync with the servers.

step 5) select "continue game" but instead of loading you just crashed out of, load the game you created in step 1.

step 6) when the game has loaded, quit the game and then return to the game you were playing when you crashed.

as i mentioned. before, i have had a 100% success rate doing this. in fact, not even my test game has been affected by aMD5in the 30 days i have been doing this. i dont know how it, i just know it does. maybe by loading a different game than the one that crash confuses the MD5 gremlin to the point that he just gives up.

Deleting my local save failed me twice. Once I got a day 1 reset. Every inch of the map reset including loot. 100 hours later in the same world I glitched and tried again and lost one 'chunk'. Out of the 50,000+ blocks I terraformed from bedrock to ground, in survival, with no augur, about 25,000 blocks reset to normal ground. These were resets 3 and 4 that I've experienced. I still play but that world is too depressing now. I've never seen any world in survival that has been altered as extensively as mine. But that's life.

Deleting my local save failed me twice. Once I got a day 1 reset. Every inch of the map reset including loot. 100 hours later in the same world I glitched and tried again and lost one 'chunk'. Out of the 50,000+ blocks I terraformed from bedrock to ground, in survival, with no augur, about 25,000 blocks reset to normal ground. These were resets 3 and 4 that I've experienced. I still play but that world is too depressing now. I've never seen any world in survival that has been altered as extensively as mine. But that's life.

He's actually right. same happened to me. Don't trust the clearing cache to save you

i am pretty confident that if you load a different save than the one you crashed out of after deleting local data, you will not suffer even a minor reset. i just hit day 70 doing this and i have not lost any data due to resets, only between 1 and 7 minutes of game play just before the crash.

I got MD5 bug today on day 240. It ripped apart a old iron bunker in middle of the general stores town. I was barely there. I was just hanging signs up in my tunnels. Did some minor repairs to the brick on the main store where my vault trap door is. Guess the two hour mark or so tripped it being dashboarded. Same area the old MD5 bug happened around day 15 with friends on. Not sure what triggered it. I suppose day 240 and tons of tunnels and outposts all over the place. The iron bunker was no big deal. But big chunk of the bunker is gone. Like 25 iron blocks wide all missing. 3 o4 4 blocks high besides rusty iron bar windows to shoot out as a killbox.

Garage door gone and a few boxes with random junk in and cement mixer. I guess game could be losing memory or something. Figure that the general store town. I had that bunker. Also tree forts with catwalks wrapped around the main building. Beside trench dug around the main store I use and has spikes in it. Got forges at two stores and work benches there as well. Also I got dash boarded when I was about to use the workbench. But it was flickering in the build menu. Only showed the chair icon for the furniture category. Other categories were missing.

What console are you on? Are you using ethernet? Is your xbox plugged into the wall directly? Is your game dvr on or off? Did you clear the cache? Did you clear the cache before playing or after crashing? What were you doing when this happened? Did you start a new game using my method or using an existing game? Sorry, I have lots of questions and lots of doubts considering I've had one crash and no losses since the last update. And trust me when I say that I've built a bunch

XBOX1. I always use cord for internet. I leave game dvr on. I believe that's a myth. They said it didn't mess with PUBG lag either. I never clear my cache. Same old game of day 240. I was about to build stuff on the workbench. But the menu in it was flickering and not showing all of the menu. Just showed the chair icon far right. Well i'm day 240 I dug tunnels all over the map. I got tons of outposts every where. Tree forts. I got over 10 bikes. Only thing I can think of is maybe spot lights cause the MD5 bug. Its the same base that had it around day 15. My 3 other buddies went wild making spot lights. I was digging the trench and made boxes up high around all the near by trees connecting two buildings in the general store area near Joel.

Xbox one, ethernet, surge protector,yes, yes, both, I was exploring new map area host was looting a town, earlier in the session I mined a room underground, host cleared cache several times after crash until it actually cleared, loaded his solo world, walked around, loaded our world. Everythings gone . . .

Yeah the game dvr is no myth, trust me. I notice improvement on all my games tbh. I'm sure wanna be mythbusters try to claim it makes no difference but I can actually see the difference.

And my last statement was actually directed to update 10. But I read your post too. And yeah lights do indeed make a difference. A noticeable difference at that. But overall think of how many elements in the game there are and lights, plants, tunnels, cities, storage chests etc it's got to be a combination of all these things at once in my opinion

Xbox one, ethernet, surge protector,yes, yes, both, I was exploring new map area host was looting a town, earlier in the session I mined a room underground, host cleared cache several times after crash until it actually cleared, loaded his solo world, walked around, loaded our world. Everythings gone . . .

Well don't plug into a surge protector, just use your xboxs built in surge protector and make sure it's in the wall. You should avoid digging below ground as much as possible. One of my suggestions. Also my suggestions are for the solo players and not for someone else's session. Also your supposed to clear the cache before the game starts. Then if it crashes, clear it again before loading it up.

Also MD5 "targets" storage chests and places with lots of stuff going on.

Just understand nothing works with 100% accuracy with MD5. Don't play over an hour before resetting. Don't explore a ton and don't do anything extra like digging underground a bunch

Also MD5 "targets" storage chests and places with lots of stuff going on.

I don't think that's an accurate statement. while opening a chest... fire... forge... etc may be a trigger, these items are not specifically what is targeted. the error targets the "chunk" that is currently loaded due to your player simply being there. If you're in your base, then your base will be targeted and chests can be lost but if not, then your base will be fine.

Don't play over an hour before resetting. Don't explore a ton and don't do anything extra like digging underground a bunch

not sure what's left? no scavenging, no resource hunting and simply just don't play very much....

sadly, almost two years into the port over, the ONLY way to avoid this error on XBOX is simply not to play. anything else will leave you and all your save data vulnerable.

I don't think that's an accurate statement. while opening a chest... fire... forge... etc may be a trigger, these items are not specifically what is targeted. the error targets the "chunk" that is currently loaded due to your player simply being there. If you're in your base, then your base will be targeted and chests can be lost but if not, then your base will be fine.

not sure what's left? no scavenging, no resource hunting and simply just don't play very much....

sadly, almost two years into the port over, the ONLY way to avoid this error on XBOX is simply not to play. anything else will leave you and all your save data vulnerable.

I never said opening chests or forges causes crashes.

And at least I try to help players with avoiding MD5 and fixing issues. Your know it all attitude and depressing pessimistic outlook isn't helping anyone.

Probably best to time how long your sessions has been running. Then save it every hour or so like the rest suggest. I think the dashboard happens for me around every two hours on the dot or so. Not 100% positive. But has to be more then a hour before being kicked.

Yeah, I like to set a timer on my phone and reset everything just to be on the safe side. I always clear cache and hard reset before playing. And so far I've built a bunch with only one crash

I never said opening chests or forges causes crashes.

where did I say that you did?

I said that while opening these things can be a trigger, they are not what is specifically targeted by the error. you may not think this is true, that doesn't mean it isn't.

The part about md5 targeting the chunk you're in is simply not true. Half of my md5 errors including the one I described involved my base getting wiped when no one was there. I've been 5 k away from myvbase when it wiped.

But I do completely agree that there are so many triggers that you're left walking on egg shells thru a volcano.

You Xbox users need to see my massive base that got partially wiped. Then you'll understand pain haha ya I can't play 7 days any more honestly don't know why I check the forums daily still. . .

Archived