What does item quality do for miscellaneous items in the game?

Gravoc

So for tools and weapons, I understand that it increases how long they last and how much damage they do. But what about for the other oddball items?

Example being:

Mining Helmet

Flashlight

Clothing

As far as I'm aware, the Mining Helmet and Flashlight have unlimited battery, and there is no real difference in the brightness. Turning on a 7 durability flashlight produces the same amount of light as a 400 durability flashlight. Same with the mining helmets.

For clothing, I've noticed that the stats are identical on different durability items of clothing. Look at a 20 durability plant fiber shirt and compare it to a 100 durability plant fiber shirt. Zero difference in stats.

Also, I noticed that durability NEVER goes down on these items. I can have zombies bash on me all day, and my clothing stays at the same number. I can punch stuff with a flashlight all day, and it never loses durability (nor does higher quality results in higher damage). I just don't get it, whats the point of item quality and durability on these oddball items?

I've even tested it with landmines. If I step on landmines, none of my clothing gets damaged. I keep getting repair kits and military fiber, but I've never had my military vest degrade.

anything worn it determines the protection value (if it provides any, range is set in xml as min,max) (helmet, cloth armor etc)

The flashlight quality is meaningless, you may get 1-2 points diff on a completed weapon but i dont think it changes anything stat wise enough to matter

Archived